Can not style H2 headings

Can not style H2 headings was created by avonrivercs

Posted 9 years 4 months ago #23973
Hi, I am having a problem trying to style the H2 headings. I am able to style all other headings, H1 to H6, but not H2. No matter what colour I select for H2, it always remains orange. Also I cannot style the "read more", normal or hover state colours. This remains an orange colour which is the same colour as the H2 heading. I mention this, as both H2 and read more are the same colour, the issue may be related. I have tried to adjust this on 2 different computers and it is the same. I am using Template Creator CK version 3.3.15. Hoping you can help with this as it is frustrating. Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by avonrivercs on topic Can not style H2 headings

Posted 9 years 4 months ago #23974
Update to "read more"
I have found that I can style the "read more" link by removing the background of the form buttons, but when I do this, it removes the background of the buttons as well. This is as expected, but I would also expect that if I wanted to style the background or text of the "read more" links, I should be able to do this without affecting the form buttons. At present, I can't do this.
Last Edit:9 years 4 months ago by avonrivercs
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by avonrivercs.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Can not style H2 headings

Posted 9 years 4 months ago #23980
Hi
for the H2, please also set the color in the "text" tab >> link color
because what you see with the wrong color is probably the article H2 title which is also a link.

For the readmore, please give me an url to check the issue and tell where to look at in your website
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by avonrivercs on topic Can not style H2 headings

Posted 9 years 4 months ago #23986
Hi Ced, Thank you for your quick reply. I can't give you a url as I have not yet published the site online, only locally. I have attached 2 images which show what is happening as a demonstration. Image 1 shows the "read more" background as clear and this is what I want to display. Image 2 shows what happens when I set the button background to a colour. I figured out that this affects the search button as well as I have a small gif that I am using, it also changes the background of this as well. If I leave the buttons as clear background, all is as I want. Not sure if this is a glitch, but certainly something that people should be aware of. Thanks again, I am starting to enjoy this component.

Attachments:

Replied by ced1870 on topic Can not style H2 headings

Posted 9 years 4 months ago #23990
yes, in fact this is due to Joomla! 3 ... because it uses Bootstrap and the readmore has the "btn" class
you must set the background in the readmore settings (1st screenstho), you can force it to white if needed

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: avonrivercs

Time to create page: 0.787 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1051 guests and no members online