Wrapper borders showing when no modules published

Wrapper borders showing when no modules published was created by Boradan

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #20922
You can see the issue here :
www.battletech-group.com

On the main page, there is an item published in the showcase-a module position and all is well.
However, on the other pages there is nothing published in any showcase position, yet the showcase-wrapper is still showing the top and bottom borders that are on the showcase-wrapper page background, thus creating an ugly blue line across the screen.
Any way to get this to not be used if there is nothing inside the showcase wrapper?
Surely the wrapper should not be called if there are no modules inside that wrapper?
by Boradan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Wrapper borders showing when no modules published

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #20928
Hi
the module block is not called, but there is no condition on the wrapper (quite unpossible to list all modules in a wrapper and test if they are published)
try to use a page css suffix in your menu for the home page, then add the border with this suffix on the homepage only
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Boradan on topic Wrapper borders showing when no modules published

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #20930
I would like this built into the template though, rather than as a menu specific item.
Basically :
if a and b and c and d and e dont exist (positions are limited to 5 in template creator), then dont call the wrapper.
Should be integrated into every wrapper, but would have to call the position names.
The way you suggested, I would need to have the custom code suffix used on every page that has an item within a certain block. Not intuitive, and not the way a template should work
by Boradan

Replied by ced1870 on topic Wrapper borders showing when no modules published

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #20933

(positions are limited to 5 in template creator), then dont call the wrapper.

in fact no. Here you are talking about the aligned modules block. This work, if you have no module loaded in the block it will not be loaded in the html code

then for the wrapper, it can have multiple blocks (logo, menu, 5 modules, etc...) and this methode is hard to implement

I understand that you need it on this project.
If you need my custom assistance to help you in using the page suffix please contact me per email using the contact form that comes with your membership "with support"

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.734 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 891 guests and no members online