Cannot open any template from templates list

Cannot open any template from templates list was created by Adam

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #20910
Hi CEd,

I have a couple of Joomla 3.3.1 installations on my local server, one for testing and the other the actual site I'm putting together. Template Creator 3.1.0 works fine on the test installation but not on the site one.

When I try and open any template from the templates list, after a while I get the message "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete".

The only difference I can think of between the installations is the the site one is on MySQL 5.5.24 and the test one on 5.1.41. Is Template Creator not compatible with the later version of MySQL?

Thanks,
Adam
by Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Cannot open any template from templates list

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #20913
Hi
first I have to say that your version is not up to date

Template Creator 3.1.0

for now I have no issue with the sql version, I think most that this is a conflict with a sef or security tool/rule

see release notes

21/03/14 : Version 3.3.0

recoded the component to work in the admin (to avoir conflict with SEF, with security tools, and system plugins)

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Adam on topic Cannot open any template from templates list

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #21217
Hi CEd,

You are correct - removing JoomSEF solved the problem.

Another quick question, if I may. On some templates, when I create a new block it appears as it should at the top of the wrapper, but then will not move down. Existing blocks continue to move as they should relative to each other, but none will move above the new block. This only happens on some templates and I have been unable to see any pattern as to what could cause it. Is it something I am doing?

Thanks,
Adam
by Adam

Replied by ced1870 on topic Cannot open any template from templates list

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #21269
As said, you have an old version, I can not do support if you are not up to date, and especially regarding that you version is really old ;)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.640 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 885 guests and no members online