Module - Custom CSS

Replied by joomleb on topic Module - Custom CSS

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #20710
Hi CEd,
Sorry, I'm a little bit disoriented. On last Template Creator CK, What does "add code to the custom.css" file mean ?

If I follow your video I can add manually a custom.css file into the .zip pack, but, Have I to do anything to say to template to load also this custom.css file ?

Now on Template Creator we can add custom CSS code into each Block/Module etc. and when we export the .zip pack this code is added directly into the template.css file:
- Please, What are the differences on adding custom code in this way instead the previous one ? When to use one or the other?
- How have I to write the code into the "custom CSS" field to have it out in the right way into the template.css file ?

Many Thanks for help on understanding...
by joomleb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Module - Custom CSS

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #20714
Hi
1/ the custom css on each was already there since the first version or template creator, it allows to simply add single properties like "text-shadow" for example on the block
2/ the new tab custom css in the parameters is an interface that will load your custom.css file. Then you can use the file directly or write it within the interface, you should get the same data in both :)

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #20715
Ok! Very well :)
So, just creating the custom.css (now using the custom css tab) and nothing else. The custom.css file will be loaded automatically, Am I right?

Now, I received the suggestment from developer to try with this code:
Code:
.Twitter.share { text-align: center; }
that is better to input in the custom.css, not in the Block Custom CSS, Am I right ?

Anyway, I tested entering that code into the Block as "custom CSS" and I have back the template.css as:
Code:
#right > div.inner { background: #cec8b3; margin-left: 15px; box-shadow: #9da1a8 0px 2px 3px 1px; -moz-box-shadow: #9da1a8 0px 2px 3px 1px; -webkit-box-shadow: #9da1a8 0px 2px 3px 1px; .Twitter.share { text-align: center; } }
that is not well coded/wrote well, Am I right?
Please, What am I missing? How have I to write the code when I'm entering into "the custom css on each" ?
Last Edit:9 years 10 months ago by joomleb
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by joomleb.

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #20718
you must not enter this in the "block >> custom css", but in the "parameters >> custom css"

by ced1870

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #20737
Many Thanks for help,
unfortunately it does not work :(
by joomleb

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #20743
if you need more dedicated help please use the contact form that comes with the membership "with support"

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.812 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 534 guests and no members online