Is Template Creator CK a better choice than...

Replied by ced1870 on topic Is Template Creator CK a better choice than...

Posted 10 years 1 week ago #19090
thank you for your explanations.
Just what I have heard and seen about template toaster, it seems like a whole copy or artisteer... I don't know much

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Boradan on topic Is Template Creator CK a better choice than...

Posted 10 years 1 week ago #19094

ced1870 wrote: thank you for your explanations.
Just what I have heard and seen about template toaster, it seems like a whole copy or artisteer... I don't know much

Fairly much. they have ironed out a few bugs prevalent in artisteer and are aiming for bootstrap integration (they may have done it now for all i know).
Artisteer/template toaster have 3 major selling points:
1. the ability to export to serveral CMS' and php/html from the same project
2. the ability for vertical menus use the same settings as your main horizontal menu (just swapping round the settings so that it works as a vertical menu.
3 built in mobile menu function without the need for an additional extension. And its actually a very nice mobile menu very similar to the mobile addon for MaximenuCk

At the minute, as previously stated by another poster, Template Creator CK IS the gold standard for joomla template creation - pleeeease do not even think about going down the route of being compatible for multiple CMS
If you decided to move it to the point where you integrate your other extensions into Template Creator (for example : maximenu menus created in template creator without the need for the end user to purchase Maxi Menu and its plugins, but NOT just limited to maximenu) then this would leap even further ahead and would only gain in customer base.
At that point, the price could double/triple without any customer/potential customer querying why....
by Boradan

Replied by rowby on topic Is Template Creator CK a better choice than...

Posted 10 years 6 days ago #19200
Hello

I've used Artisteer and Template Creator. I prefer Template Creator.

Artisteer was okay, but there were lots of issues by end users on their forum. And they always seemed to be behind a version of Joomla or always catching up.

Perhaps they have changed. Also they support a number of platforms, including Wordpress. I like the fact that Template Creator CK is focused on Joomla.

And you could not ask for better support than CEd.

Rowby
by rowby
The following user(s) said Thank You: ced1870

Time to create page: 0.651 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 548 guests and one member online