How to center a menu...

How to center a menu... was created by DomJam

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5532
Hi,

(should I do that in french?)

I've got one little issue: how can I center the menu automatically?

Basically I'm using the initial template installed with Template Creator. I have adapted several thing, but basically didn't really touch teh menu (apart from using Kwickmenu on top of it).

But I haven't manage to center in automatically. I just manage to move it:
1) via the right margin value of the menu... But that's not ideal, as I have to calculate where is the middle of the menu. And that's gonna be the same issue each time I'll be adding an entry to the main menu...

2) or via the CSS/Menu/Avançée where I add 'margin : auto;' plus a value in the field 'Largeur' added in the 'CSS/Menus/Mise en forme'. But here again, it doesn't look like it is really centered properly...

No emergency, as I can solve it 'manually' with the margins, but I am wondering how to do it properly and dynamically...

Many thanks in advance...

D.

PS:
(by the way, I didn't buy the Support for Template Creator, and I think I should have, seeing the work put on your side in the soft, and also because I might have more questions later... if there's a way to add the 'Support package' still, please let me know how to do it.)

Thxs!!!
by DomJam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to center a menu...

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5541
salut
difficile de dire sans url, mais pour centrer les items de menu c'est galère car ils sont en float:left pour les aligner

Ced

PS : merci pour les compliments ;)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by DomJam on topic How to center a menu...

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #5552
:cheer:

Ok. Je t'envoie le lien + le log et pass admin demain pour que tu puisses regarder.
D'ici là, je vais encore essayer de mon coté...

D.
by DomJam

Replied by Barnes on topic How to center a menu...

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #12942
I am having the same issues, in the process of creating a website for all the different environments (i pad, phone, computer ect) to make the pages look good across all these platforms, i have settled for a drop down menu.

The main menu with the sub menus - i would like to align the main menu container in the center, with the sub menus below - in the Template creator ck program you can change the sub menus to appear in the center but not the main category.

Is there a way of changing this by adding a simple CSS code in the menu section of the Template Creator to center align instead of align float left.

Experimenting with different applications to see that all the application work - before i start designing the final site.

Urgent need of help on this -

Regards

David Barnes
by Barnes

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to center a menu...

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #12944
Hi
please give me an url to check what you need
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.681 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 634 guests and no members online