How To Mix Multiple Modules with Content?!?

How To Mix Multiple Modules with Content?!? was created by Enterfrize

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #2974
Hello everyone,

Je parle un peu Francais, met tres mal! :sick:

I bought the Template Creator software a few months ago, and I haven't been able to create a single Joomla website with it. I like the concept behind it, and it has a fair bit of flexibility, but it struggles with some very basic things that take away from the software's usefulness. If there is an easy solution or a fix, I would be very grateful.

Here is my problem: the main component module is limited to a single module on the left, a main content module in the middle, and a singlemodule on the right. I can't find a way around this no matter what block or template option you choose. I want to be able to have multiple modules on the left, the main content in the middle, and multiple modules on the right. While you can stack horizontal blocks in different vertical positions, there is no flexibility to have vertical blocks with several vertical modules that I can find.

Is there a way to do this?

Regards,
Enterfrize

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: How To Mix Multiple Modules with Content?!?

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #2981
Hi
you can publish as many modules as you want in the left or right positions. More, there is a "complex content" block that includes several modules positions.
Try the demo you will see what the new version 2 can do (I imagine that you tested the version 1 few months ago ?)
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Enterfrize on topic Re: How To Mix Multiple Modules with Content?!?

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3003
The complex module structure adds modules - but they are at the bottom of the main content component - not to the left and right of the component - so it's the same thing. Has the Template For Preview changed at all? I never updated that portion of the software (it's still 1.0 according to your website).

I'm using version 2.08. I will try doing a multiple publish to the same position to get vertical modules working - that may work. When doing a multiple publish to the same position, is there a way to choose the order of how the modules appear from top to bottom from within Joomla (I know this is outside the scope of the template creation software).

Thanks in advance,
Enterfrize

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3023
Ok - this sort of worked!

I can publish multiple modules vertically if they are published to the same position. I don't know this if this is a bug, but all modules are placed into a single block.

For example, let's say I create a module that has borders around it. If I publish multiple modules, the borders should surround each module separately. In this case, the border surrounds all the modules as though they are one - like a giant block.

Would it be possible to add a block option (advanced component) that included four to six separate module positions on each side of the main content window rather than just top and bottom? That would be very helpful.

Regards,
Enterfrize

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: How To Mix Multiple Modules with Content?!?

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3024
then add the borders to the modules not to the block in the CSS manager (you have several tabs in it ! )

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #3025
I'm wondering if we aren't seeing the same thing.

If I create an advanced component or component, this is what I have:

LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT - just three modules from left to right in a single block. When I add a border JUST to the left module, the border should just appear around that module, nothing else. If I publish two modules to that same module location, I should see two vertical modules, each with their own border. Instead, I am seeing two vertical modules SHARING the same border - like they are both in the same circle.

I think the only way around this is if the modules were formatted as:

LEFT1 RIGHT1
LEFT2 RIGHT2
LEFT3 CENTER RIGHT 3
LEFT4 RIGHT 4
LEFT5 RIGHT 5

OR...maybe there is a bug?

Regards,
Enterfrize

Time to create page: 0.794 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 2082 guests and 2 members online