J! v3.4 --> v 4.x

J! v3.4 --> v 4.x was created by trogladyte

Posted 2 years 3 months ago #63345
Hi Ced

I saw a "debate" between you and some of the other senior Joomla devs (and I can't find the page now) where you asked why isAdmin was deprecated (or removed, cant remember which).

So, I have a site, trainingexpoaz.com which has a template which I developed in TC in 2019. I did an upgrade to j! v4.0.6 from 3.10.5 and it broke with the error: 0 Call to undefined method Joomla \ CMS \ Application \ AdministratorApplication :: isAdmin ()

Everything pretty much that I have read points to templates (not just TC but templates in general) being the issue. I believe I've done the Joomla upgrade successfully, but on sites that are newer (so, therefore, more recently built templates). Is there an issue with older, previously built TC templates still calling this function that doesn't get modified when upgrading TC? If yes, is there a way to update the template to remove this issue other than rebuilding. Or, am I misinformed!!??

Thanks as always!

EDIT: I found your post under "Suggestions" about regenerating the template in J4 format before updating. Thanks - topic closed!

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Last Edit:2 years 3 months ago by trogladyte
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by trogladyte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by trogladyte on topic J! v3.4 --> v 4.x

Posted 2 years 3 months ago #63346
[strike]Decided to test my theory by starting a new template. Got it part way set up then changed the default template to the one I'd just started and got:

0 - Class 'Joomla\Component\Content\Administrator\Extension\ContentComponent' not found. Max error reporting showed nothing.[/strike]

Figured this one out - nothing like not watching what you're doing..... :-)

Saved as a Joomla 4 template and tried running on a Joomla 3 site.

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Last Edit:2 years 3 months ago by trogladyte
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by trogladyte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.728 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 477 guests and no members online