Little glitch in older template

Little glitch in older template was created by Janbol

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62179
Hello Cédric,

I’ve got a strange little problem with an older template. It works fine but I noticed that it causes a little glitch sometimes. I pinpointed it down to the following rule in template.css (shows also in template_rtl.css).

html { height: 101%; // force scrollbar }

In other templates made with TC, I find

html { height: 101/100%; }

and when I change height: 101% to height: 101/100% via the the inspector in FF or Chrome the glitch disappears.

I do not find how to change that via TC directly though so I changed template.css and template_rtl.css via joomla template manager but then their version number does not change so the navigator cached files are not busted. I changed a little param via TC and when saved and uploaded, the param change is visible in source code, as the version # has changed, but the html { height: 101%; // force scrollbar } has NOT.

How to do accomplish this little change via TC so it will be reflected?

Thanks in advance,
Jan
by Janbol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Little glitch in older template

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62181
Hi
Please explain me what you mean with "glitch"
the 101/100% does not work in fact? 101% forces the scrollbar to be always there so that you don't have the glitch, else you can have some pages without the scrollbar and the width of the page is different (because of the scrollbar size)
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Janbol on topic Little glitch in older template

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62185
Hi CEd,

The Glitch - nice title for a movie

I’ll try to go short as I don’t want to spend too much of your and my time on this, it is not that important anymore as I’m gonna take another approach in this case.

This « glitch » only appears when I make an article popup and when the site has already has been visited before with the same browser (= old browser cache). The glitch shows a scrollbar where there shouldn’t be one).

After having changed template.css (see earlier mail) - not via TC as I do not see where to do that - and when I look via the inspector at DOCtype html as shown in the popup iframe, I still see 101% // force scrollbar, but when I look at DOCtype html of the underlying page I see DOCtype html 101/100% which is what I want. Erasing browser cache does the trick of course, but I should not have to ask or explain returning visitors to do that. TC has good versioning, in contrast to some other template systems.

So basically I should look more into this iframe mechanism than search for a TC problem.

But as I said, not that important anymore, just curious how that 101% // force scrollbar ended up in the old template in the first place while not in other TC templates I made.

I hope I gave enough information, thank you so far,

Jan
by Janbol

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62188
ok I understand, I will remove that modification in the next release as I see that it causes some trouble. For now you can override it in the custom css

by ced1870

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62324
Hi
for info the 101% has been removed in the version 5.0.8
CEd

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.652 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 881 guests and no members online