How to convert my template to Joomla 4

How to convert my template to Joomla 4 was created by ced1870

Posted 2 years 7 months ago #61690
(version française plus bas)

Hi
If you are migrating your website to Joomla 4 using a template made with Template Creator CK, you will get a 500 error
This is not a big problem :)

There are 2 solutions :
1/ without Template Creator CK : go in the template folder >> rename the "html" folder (into "html-old" for example). This wil deactivate the overrides which cause the problem
Your template is now compatible and you can navigate on your website
WARNING : using this method, all the customization for the modules and articles will be lost because of the overrides

2/ with Template Creator CK : go in the interface >> edit the template >> Page >> Informations >> select joomla version 4 >> click on the button to update your template . That's it !

CEd

VERSION FRANCAISE

Salut
Si vous migrez votre site Web vers Joomla 4 à l'aide d'un template créé avec Template Creator CK, vous obtiendrez une erreur 500.
Ce n'est pas un gros problème :)

Il y a 2 solutions :
1/ sans Template Creator CK : allez dans le dossier du template >> renommez le dossier "html" (en "html-old" par exemple). Cela désactivera les surchages (overrides) qui causent le problème
Votre template est désormais compatible et vous pouvez naviguer sur votre site web
ATTENTION : avec cette méthode, toute la personnalisation des modules et articles sera perdue à cause des surcharges

2/ avec Template Creator CK : allez dans l'interface >> éditez le template >> Page >> Informations >> sélectionnez joomla version 4 >> cliquez sur le bouton pour mettre à jour votre template . C'est tout !

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Last Edit:2 years 7 months ago by ced1870
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by ced1870.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ZoeKool on topic How to convert my template to Joomla 4

Posted 1 year 2 weeks ago #68035
I did that and that worked however I get an error "Cannot Use A Scalar Value As An Array" when I'm on PHP 8. It works fine on PHP 7.4. I'd like to keep it at 8.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
by ZoeKool

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to convert my template to Joomla 4

Posted 1 year 2 weeks ago #68036
Hi
please enable the debug mode in the website configuration, and tell me the complete message that you get
CEd

by ced1870

Replied by 7webcreator on topic How to convert my template to Joomla 4

Posted 9 months 6 days ago #68800
Hi CEd,

I followed the instructions above; however, I still get the error: Error 500 - behavior::caption not found. Below is the outcome when I enable the Debug mode. For your information, when I use the template Cassiopee, the site works.

behavior::caption not found.
/home/accademi/public_html/j4/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php:141

Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php:141
2 Joomla\CMS\HTML\HTMLHelper::_() JROOT/templates/accademia/html/com_content/featured/default.php:14
3 include() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:410
4 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:203
5 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display() JROOT/components/com_content/src/View/Featured/HtmlView.php:209
6 Joomla\Component\Content\Site\View\Featured\HtmlView->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:645
7 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/components/com_content/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:121
8 Joomla\Component\Content\Site\Controller\DisplayController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:678
9 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
10 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/components/com_content/src/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php:56
11 Joomla\Component\Content\Site\Dispatcher\Dispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
12 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:208
13 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:249
14 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
15 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/includes/app.php:61
16 require_once() JROOT/index.php:32

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to convert my template to Joomla 4

Posted 9 months 5 days ago #68801
ok please go in your template and rename your folder "html" to something like "html-" to disable it
(this is a method to avoid to delete it because you may have some useful overrides in it that you want to keep)
then go in template creator and update your template

by ced1870

Replied by 7webcreator on topic How to convert my template to Joomla 4

Posted 9 months 5 days ago #68803
Thank you very much, CEd. It has worked. Can I now delete the folder I have renamed?

Time to create page: 0.651 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 807 guests and no members online