How to convert my template to Joomla 4 13 Sep 2021 17:32 #61690

• ced1870
  • ced1870's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Thank you received: 3155
(version française plus bas)

Hi
If you are migrating your website to Joomla 4 using a template made with Template Creator CK, you will get a 500 error
This is not a big problem :)

There are 2 solutions :
1/ without Template Creator CK : go in the template folder >> rename the "html" folder (into "html-old" for example). This wil deactivate the overrides which cause the problem
Your template is now compatible and you can navigate on your website
WARNING : using this method, all the customization for the modules and articles will be lost because of the overrides

2/ with Template Creator CK : go in the interface >> edit the template >> Page >> Informations >> select joomla version 4 >> click on the button to update your template . That's it !

CEd

VERSION FRANCAISE

Salut
Si vous migrez votre site Web vers Joomla 4 à l'aide d'un template créé avec Template Creator CK, vous obtiendrez une erreur 500.
Ce n'est pas un gros problème :)

Il y a 2 solutions :
1/ sans Template Creator CK : allez dans le dossier du template >> renommez le dossier "html" (en "html-old" par exemple). Cela désactivera les surchages (overrides) qui causent le problème
Votre template est désormais compatible et vous pouvez naviguer sur votre site web
ATTENTION : avec cette méthode, toute la personnalisation des modules et articles sera perdue à cause des surcharges

2/ avec Template Creator CK : allez dans l'interface >> éditez le template >> Page >> Informations >> sélectionnez joomla version 4 >> cliquez sur le bouton pour mettre à jour votre template . C'est tout !

CEd
Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ced1870.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More