How to get rid of inline styles and creation of ID

How to get rid of inline styles and creation of ID was created by Rutwin

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50370
Hi CED,

I've been using your template creator in the past and I loved it. I'm sure you are here to make the program better for everyone, but PLEASE tell me how I can make a template=html blocks without that TC is adding extra DIVs and IDs. I want to make module positions and I DO want rows but I don't want any inline styles to be added to my template.

So in short...how to make blocks and rows, and let the stylings be done by stylesheets only...i don't want to have the inline style=100% or worse a calc as inline style.... i love your program...but i am now fighting for a week to just be able to what i want...let me have to the control of the html structure and styles (inclusing id's and classes)

Kind regards
by Rutwin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to get rid of inline styles and creation of ID

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50371
Hi
please explain me the problem. What are you trying to do ?

without that TC is adding extra DIVs and IDs

DIVs and IDs are necessary to make things work, without IDs you can not control anything

i don't want to have the inline style=100% or worse a calc as inline style

the only place where there is an inline width is on the rows. Why is this a problem for you ?

i love your program

thank you :)

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Rutwin on topic How to get rid of inline styles and creation of ID

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50372
I want to use bootstrap styles - even from a bootstrap version I choose (bs 4)
DIVs and IDs are necessary to make things work, without IDs you can not control anything
-Yes, but would like to be to name and thus fully control the styling and grid system, I want to be able to choose whether the element is a section, a header, etc.

Why inline is a problem for me : cleaner better organized code, and the ability to choose what id the columns inside a row will get, and not have code added to it as prefix or suffix... it's great for people who don't care how their code is going to look.

You have made the flexicolumn but I'm stuck using it whether I want it or not

I want to make a navbar and use the classes available in bootstrap 4...and I can just replace the bootstrap inside the template folder to have all those classes available to me.

I think the question is not an odd one: add the ability/or tell me how to create a template and give id's and classes to all elements. and inline styling is a nogo - how to create positions and add div, nav, section, article, and all the things that are already existing in bootstrap of joomla...

I hope you understand what I mean, your time is highly appreciated

I want to make this: BS3 based by the way
Last Edit:5 years 4 months ago by Rutwin
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Rutwin.

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50374
wow ... you are hurting me :(
Using Template Creator CK to create Bootstrap templates ? ...
I'm fighting against the template frameworks since years, and now you want me to help you to create a bootstrap template. This is just incredible

I understand that the inline width can be a problem and that it can be improved.

You have made the flexicolumn but I'm stuck using it whether I want it or not

what is the problem with my grid system ? are you talking about that ?
www.template-creator.com/fr/blog/42-css-...-use-in-your-content

I can just replace the bootstrap inside the template folder to have all those classes available to me.

you can go in the parameters and set to not use bootstrap, then use the custom code to load your own files

add the ability/or tell me how to create a template and give id's and classes to all elements

You can go in the Actions >> manage html/css, but may be that it is not sufficient for you

I think that there is a misunderstanding about what Template Creator CK shall do : it creates a template for you.
Template Creator CK is not based on Bootstrap (you can load it so that it will be used for the joomla core that needs it), and Template Creator CK will never be based on Bootstrap.

A little story ...
I have made Page Builder CK which was based on Bootstrap in its first version (yes I told myslef that I had to follow the trends) and I never had so much problems ... Compatibility issues with other extensions, CSS problems, default styles that was not wanted, poor flexibility (have you tried to create 5 columns in a 12 columns grid ? ;) )
I decided to revert back to my old school native CSS features, and that fixes everything. Now it works correctly and my users are happy with it, I don't have anymore such problems.

Really, I don't think that Template Creator CK shall be used in the way that you are explaining here, to create a Bootstrap template where you can contol everything for Bootstrap.
The only thing that you can do is to create the base html/css with Template Creator CK if it helps you, then take the template and modify it by hand.

I hope that my explanations are clear, I don't want to tell you a strong "NO" , but I'm trying to be honest :)

CEd

by ced1870

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50375
PS : I have just checked your navbar example, I don't see anything special here that would explain that you need bootstrap
A long time ago I have created this demo
www.template-creator.com/fr/template-creator-demo-34
where you have a top menu (navbar as you call it) with a scrolling feature.
This demo is made with Template Creator CK

by ced1870

Replied by Rutwin on topic How to get rid of inline styles and creation of ID

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50377
Never meant to hurt you :) and I think you misunderstood:

wow ... you are hurting me :(
Using Template Creator CK to create Bootstrap templates ? ...

Using Template Creator CK to create custom Joomla templates with clean generated code

I decided to revert back to my old school native CSS features

- right I completely understand the frustration - and that is the reason I wrote what I wrote, I didn't mean it should be bootstrap based. What if I wanted to use the pure CSS used by the CSS-Grid layout ?
Template Creator should be independent of any framework - and for me it was the reason why I bought TC for the first time a few years ago! I chose it because I wanted to have freedom and control over the structure of my html and css!

You may ask why to use a such grid comparing of the ones delivered by Bootstrap and other CSS frameworks. I have no answer for this, you can use what you want in your website. I have added this feature to help you to manage your layout and to offer many possibilities to create your columns. This grid will be continuously supported in the next versions of Template Creator CK, taking also care about the Backward Compatibility for your projects.

.I don't know about other users, but I feel restricted and have to do it then manually indeed, but I didn't ask you to ADD anything to TC..I wish you gave us an option to disable the TC grid system feature.

I hope you know that I love TC and think you made a great product

Kind regards

ps The 'Manage ID & CSS class' should make editing the id's and classes of the columns as well. (expert mode)
(every div and class made)
Last Edit:5 years 4 months ago by Rutwin
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Rutwin.

Time to create page: 0.753 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1098 guests and no members online