Paragraph settings

Paragraph settings was created by trogladyte

Posted 5 years 11 months ago #48339
Where do I find the settings for paragraphs? Specifically, the space between paragraphs. Suddenly, all my paragraphs have no blank line between them like they used to. I've looked and looked but can't see what's changed.

I want them to look like this.
<space>
2nd paragraph.

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Paragraph settings

Posted 5 years 11 months ago #48341
Hi
like me, you know that "suddenly it is broken" is not good. It means that the problem does not come from the template but may be from something that has been installed later (or from a setting that has been changed)

There is no option for the paragraph (for now), you can go in Parameters >> custom css and write something like this

p {
margin: 0 0 10px 0;
}

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Paragraph settings

Posted 5 years 11 months ago #48355
Ah-ha! Your code made me realize what was happening. I had started recently (hence the "suddenly"!! :) ) adding this code to the Custom CSS global area:
Code:
p { margin: 0 0 0px!important; }

My reason was, when adding a wrapper at the top of the template, then adding image buttons for things like schedule an appointment or social media, the default 9px spacing (from bootstrap) applied to that area even though they were images on a single line. I didn't make the paragraph text connection til just now.

I've attached the exported gabarit so you can see what I'm talking about - the wrapper-topbar (it also happened elsewhere but I'm not sure where - perhaps in wrapper-map, specifically the mapaddress module position.

I tried adding the override CSS to the specific wrapper, but it never seemed to work; only if I did it in the global area.

Posted 5 years 11 months ago #48357
ok ok ....
I will not comment the fact that you have created yourself this problem ;)

you can target your wrapper paragraph like this
#wrappername p {
margin: 0 0 0px!important;
}

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Paragraph settings

Posted 5 years 10 months ago #48363
LOL thank you Ced!! Yes, always embarrassing to find that you created the problem! :-) New code worked perfectly thanks.

Why is it that the original code, added to the Custom CSS field with the specific wrapper, block or element didn't do the job? Adding custom CSS anywhere but the global field never seems to alter the output.

Posted 5 years 10 months ago #48364
lol yes :)

If I'm correct, you shall find the answer in the documentation : the custom css of each block is to put directly a property, and not a rule
this is removed in the V4, you shall only use the custom css from the parameters

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.698 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 550 guests and 2 members online