Broken template not showing updates

Broken template not showing updates was created by trogladyte

Posted 6 years 1 month ago #47353
www.flygoodyear.com/new

The first template is fine. It is time to update so I have started building a new template, but most edits I'm doing are not translating to the frontend. The titles for example are a Google Font - Passion One. Yet it's showing Helvetica (the body font).

It seems that it'll take whatever formatting applies when whatever content is applied at the first instance, but no changes after that will apply.

Next day: It's happening on another site. Template build starts OK, but then edits stop being applied. So far (3 including one months ago) this has only happened on sites which have had a template built with TC from a ways back. Unsure of what version I would have been using then.

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Last Edit:6 years 1 month ago by trogladyte
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by trogladyte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by trogladyte on topic Broken template not showing updates

Posted 6 years 1 month ago #47379
[strike]Ah-ha! I think I've figured it out. It's a Chrome thing - seems like Chrome just gets worse and worse the more the "enhance " it. I shut down Chrome and restarted and all the changes were there.

So, FYI, to anyone else using Chrome, you may need to completely shut it down from time to time to show your edits. I don't tend to shut down Chrome or even my computer unless I really have to, so it appears to be to do with it being open for a long time - perhaps memory leak? I really don't know. Frustrating though.[/strike]

Alas... it now seems that must have just been a piece of good luck. It's now back to it's old ways of not updating, and shutting down Chrome no longer has any affect. I even tried shutting my whole computer down but nothing.

If I make a copy of the template and give it a different name, I can then INSTALL it, and it shows all the changes. However, if I then edit the copied one, then apply the changes, nothing. So it looks like it's in the Copy/Apply Changes routine.

Last Edit:6 years 1 month ago by trogladyte
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by trogladyte.

Replied by trogladyte on topic Broken template not showing updates

Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago #47640
Ignore this... user error :(

Last Edit:6 years 3 weeks ago by trogladyte
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by trogladyte.

Time to create page: 0.727 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1055 guests and no members online