System Images not being saved

System Images not being saved was created by Boradan

Posted 6 years 8 months ago #44263
When selecting system images, they are not being saved in the template.
They are being CALLED in the CSS, but not actually being saved into the images folder in the template structure.

It appears that its the template-thumbnail preview and the template preview along with the default bullet list image that are not being saved.
The others seem to be working OK.

EDIT.
It ALSO Appears that the location is being stored incorrectly as the ORIGINAL UPLOAD location instead of the location within the template folder:
Code:
ul:not(.nav) li { list-style-image: url(/images/check-orange.png); }

If I manually insert the images into the template folder, I need to change the location in the template CSS file to this:
Code:
ul:not(.nav) li { list-style-image: url(../images/check-orange.png); }
Otherwise the image is being looked for in the SITEROOT/images folder and not the TEMPLATE/images folder (note that his applies to the image for the bullet list and not the other images.

Regarding the template thumbnail and template preview images, they just are not being used at all.
The template is just using the one that it creates itself and there is no record of the ones I uploaded to replace them (as they are huuuuuuge and of the incorrect size)

EDIT2:
When I DO insert the image into the folder in the template, and correct the image location, the image for bullet list is ALSO being applied to vertical menus in the sidebars for sub-menu items.
Can be seen HERE:
newtemplates.computersystems.ie/
Changing this:
Code:
ul:not(.nav) li { list-style-image: url(/images/check-orange.png); }
to this:
Code:
li { list-style-image:url(../images/check-orange.png); margin-left: 20px; } .nav li { list-style:none; margin-left:0px; }
Fixes the issue regarding sub-menus on vertical menus being bullet-pointed

EDIT3:
It appears that the issue with the images is only happening when trying to DOWNLOAD the template. It seems they are being used in the template correctly on a local install (where template creator is used in the same site to create the template).
I am going to remove the template from the creation site and reinstall it from within template creator again.
VERIFIED - Works fine if the template is installed from within template creator - The issue is when trying to download the template, the image files are not used (and the location of the bullet list image is incorrect).
It seems they are ONLY used locally because the path is incorrect - they arent put into the template folder, but the template.css is looking in the SITEROOT/images folder where I had initially uploaded the files.
Last Edit:6 years 8 months ago by Boradan
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Boradan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic System Images not being saved

Posted 6 years 8 months ago #44280
Hi
sorry but there is too much to read and understand ...

could you please make a sum up and tell me how to reproduce the issue
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Boradan on topic System Images not being saved

Posted 6 years 8 months ago #44282
ISSUE 1:

1. add a system image for template thumbnail or template preview
2. Save the template and download it.
3. look in the zip file - it is not the image you wanted to use, but the one that TC creates itself (a LOT bigger, and the wrong dimensions )

ISSUE 2
1. add an image for the bullet point and apply the change
2. In the site, it SEEMS to work, but does not (the URL used is pointing directly to the image you uploaded (SITEROOT/images)
ALSO, the image is being applied to SUB MENUS in any vertical menus even though they are set as 'unstyled'
3. Download the template: the image has not been copied into the template itself and the link in template.css is still looking in the foolder you initially uploaded the file to
by Boradan

Replied by ced1870 on topic System Images not being saved

Posted 6 years 8 months ago #44299
ok, I have noted this, I will check after the holidays :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.675 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1195 guests and no members online