Template Creator for Wodpress - Develompent course

Replied by Echowan on topic Template Creator for Wodpress - Develompent course

Posted 7 years 11 months ago #34898
Its working but only with some image. I can't upload by this way. When I do it via Media Menu: the file Favicon.ico is change to favicon.png. I understand that I have to upload the file 80px X 80px with my FTP client, right ?
by Echowan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Car0l on topic Template Creator for Wodpress - Develompent course

Posted 7 years 11 months ago #34904
Hi Cedric,

Sorry for the late answer. We encountered a problem on a customer's website and I did not find the time to come back here until now.

I actually tested 0.2.12. I also get some errors during update even if updating again from 0.2.12 (attached screenshot)but the update seems ok anyway.

No more problem with template name having a "-". I also tested the export / import function but only in WP, the custom code section is kept now. I will test import of a joomla gabarit as soon as possible.

For the bullet list, I can't select an image, get a "failed" message (attached screenshot).

No problem on my side with the copy / paste function, font size for menu and media upload that works properly at least with images I tested on.

Hope I did not miss anything but I probably did :blush:
by Car0l
Attachments:

Replied by ced1870 on topic Template Creator for Wodpress - Develompent course

Posted 7 years 11 months ago #34905
Hi
thank you for your feedback, I will continue to work on the opened points in the next days
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 11 months ago #34906

Echowan wrote: Its working but only with some image. I can't upload by this way. When I do it via Media Menu: the file Favicon.ico is change to favicon.png. I understand that I have to upload the file 80px X 80px with my FTP client, right ?

hum, I see
the image upload is managed by WP, so the file renaming and thumb creation is automatic and I don't manage this myself :(

so I would say, yes, upload the .ico with ftp and set the path in the field without using the media manager

by ced1870

Replied by Car0l on topic Template Creator for Wodpress - Develompent course

Posted 7 years 11 months ago #34908
Hi again,

tested exporting a gabarit with the new joomla version and importing it in last WP version but the custom code still disappear.

Everythin else on imported theme seems to be correct (at least at first sight).

Also mention two other points I missed before :

- The favicon discussion reminds me of something I forgot to talk about. While setting a favicon and logo in a wp theme through theme creator then downloading the theme and installing it on another website, the favicon and logo are lost (appearing in the customization panel but not visible on website pages). So I had to select them again via the customization panel (uploading via media file). I used a 32px width / height png for the favicon and had no problem doing it this way.

- As each new version gets us exporting gabarits again, would be great, if not too difficult for you, to have an "export all" button or anything making it possible to export all theme together, sort of global theme backup. Of course that's concerning both Joomla and WP :)

Have a nice day !
by Car0l

Posted 7 years 11 months ago #34909
for WP<->J! export, this is normal as I have not yet released the new joomla! version of template creator to be compatible with the latest modifications

"As each new version gets us exporting gabarits again"
>> could you please explain this ? I don't understand why you need to export your themes on each new version of template creator
of course you need to backup your website before updating any extension, but updating template creator will not remove your themes

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.696 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 893 guests and no members online