JCE Editor

Replied by ced1870 on topic JCE Editor

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #39043
PS : I'm angry because these problems about the editors are against efficiency. I can not ask the editors developpers to fix this because this is also dependant to the way I load them (on the fly) but it works great with Tinymce and people don't want to use Tinymce ... argh

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Timfreak on topic JCE Editor

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #39061
When there are editor problems, I am not far away ;).

The problem is that TinyMCE lacks some features that JCE has. For example the link manager with the ability to link directly to a menu item without copy/pasting a hard URL. Also the image manager of JCE is fine and a must-have for customers who do not want to edit every image in Photoshop before uploading it.

A special problem with JCE is the weak support of the developer, though. :/
Still I have no answer on my question on the editor buttons that are not loading in many components. :-/

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #39063
I have seen the new 2.6 of JCE, a shame that the editor buttons are not improved :(

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #39065
Besides a facelifting, the editor contains many bugs. There are no really NEW options to the JCE since a couple of years. Unfortunately it seems like feature requests are not considered anymore.

A stupid question: Wouldn't it be possible to call the editor buttons as plugins in the pagebuilder? For example I am missing dropfiles and droppics, which I use a lot!

Cheers,
Tim

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #39068
the buttons are linked to the editor and called by it.

I agree with JCE and this is a shame !! I would like to see it improved also because I like it like you

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #39086
Maybe you should stick together with some other extension developers. I just checked some components that support JCE Editor.

In JEvents for example I have the same problem... Editor is supported, but no editor buttons.

But in DocMan or the RegularLabs Extensions the JCE shows up with Editor buttons... Maybe it's worth a try to inspect how they do it?

Cheers,
Tim

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 539 guests and no members online