Maximenu Mobile Pro - Mobile menu disappeared

Yesterday I was notified that the mobile menu had disappeared on one of my clients sites. veritasgraysharbor.com
It is running J4 php 7.54 and was using Maximmenu Pro and Maximenu Mobile Pro
Nothing I tried would get it back. This is a J3 site that we updated a month or so. Was working then, after the J4 update.
I finally had to uninstall both and reinstall, then it would work.

This morning I was working on drchloelightner.com and I couldn't get the mobile menu to show either. This is a new J4 build, all extensions updated, using Maximenu Light and Maximenu Mobile Pro. These are my favorite menu extensions and am using them on a lot of sites. I couldn't get the mobile menu to show up here either. Finally I removed the Mobile Pro version from my two menus, set both to hide with media queries and assigned Maximenu Mobile Pro to a standard Joomla menu. That did work, with a lot of media queries.

Then this morning I heard from another client that the mobile menu has disappeared. This one is a J3 site. A quick review of all the settings show them to be correct. I tried change the Maximenu Mobile Pro template and that didn't help. This site is using Maximenu light also. davelrussell.com (currently I have the standard joomla menu enabled so the client has access)

All three of these sites are using our custom templates. Could that be the problem? But they were working before.
Any advice would sure be appreciated.
Thanks much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Maximenu Mobile Pro - Mobile menu disappeared

Posted 2 years 2 months ago #63894
Hi
I'm working on the problem
please try to go in the module >> mobile options >> show icons >> set it to NO and tell me if the menu appears again
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by mike@pritchardwebsites.com on topic Maximenu Mobile Pro - Mobile menu disappeared

Posted 2 years 2 months ago #63895
Fantastic!!!! That solved it. Thanks so much, I'll put that in my notes...

Posted 2 years 2 months ago #63896
ok but this is only a temporary solution to target the problem ;)
I need to fix it in my code, I will let you know when I have a version to test

please tell me if you have some error messages or if just have the mobile menu disappeared

by ced1870

Replied by mike@pritchardwebsites.com on topic Maximenu Mobile Pro - Mobile menu disappeared

Posted 2 years 2 months ago #63897
i turned error reporting to maximum but didn't see any. Thanks so much for your work on this.

Posted 2 years 2 months ago #63898
can you please check that you have the latest version 1.5.5 installed for Mobile Menu CK
because I fixed few things during the latst 24h, so if you have the 1.5.4 that could explain the problem

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.734 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 641 guests and 3 members online