Bug in Virtuemart Patch with version 8

Replied by ced1870 on topic Bug in Virtuemart Patch with version 8

Posted 8 years 9 months ago #28946
cool, thank you for the information :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by tim92109 on topic Bug in Virtuemart Patch with version 8

Posted 8 years 9 months ago #28952
I'm wondering about the documentation. You don't by chance have a link to documentation on this patch but for VM3/J3 do you? The documentation looks old and mentions copying files to the module - which I would think the installation would handle. Should I ignore this step of the installation in the documentation?

Not to mention I don't see a file, helper_virtuemart.php

I do see 2 files in the helper folder called helper_maximenuck_virtuemart.old.php and helper_maximenuck_virtuemart.php

So, do they need to be copied over still or is that old?

Honestly, I think I was confused about the patch. I thought it would automatically display VM categories as menu links, but I guess it's just to customize the looks, dimensions, and add custom menu descriptions. I think you still have to manually create the menu items. But that's okay. I bought it so maybe I can still use it.

I don't see any mention of what to do for the menu item. I'm guessing the menu items need to be set up as type: 'Virtemart Category Layout'.

Tried creating a custom description for a category and it's not working, but I'm guessing I'm just not following the directions correctly - or maybe that helper file still does need to be copied to the module folder.

Thanks!

Replied by tim92109 on topic Bug in Virtuemart Patch with version 8

Posted 8 years 9 months ago #28953
Right after I submitted my question, I looked at the module again and seen that I needed to select 'virtuemart' at the top of the 3rd party plugins tab. So, it is working.

If you want to verify that no files need to be copied to the module folder, that would be great. But it seems to be working without copying anything.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Bug in Virtuemart Patch with version 8

Posted 8 years 9 months ago #28955
Hi
right, you don't need to copy anything, just install the plugin. I have to update the documentation.
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim92109

Time to create page: 0.673 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 477 guests and no members online