Spanning columns

Spanning columns was created by Adam

Posted 11 years 3 months ago #8674
Hi,

I am going to use Maximenu on a Joomla 1.5 site and would appreciate some advice.

On the Joomlack.fr and Joomla.org sites the drop down menu has titles and comments that span multiple columns. Thus you might have a full width heading and below it links in several columns, and below that a full width comment and so on.

I've tried adding code for the full width parts in a blank module without success, although that could be my CSS that's at fault. The only other way I can see is to have everything as a one column setup, with multi-column menus then being called as modules within it. I have read the Maximenu documentation.

Please - how is it done?

Thanks,
Adam
by Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Spanning columns

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #8695
Hi
in joomla 1.5 some features can not be used like multirows. You can only create aligned multicolumns. you should upgrade to 2.5
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Adam on topic Spanning columns

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #8703
Hi Ced,

I had a feeling that a Joomla upgrade might be the terrible answer!

The site in question was my first venture into Joomla, pretty much my introduction to CSS, and uses some free components that I've butchered to get them to do what I want. In addition, I used Artisteer, something I wouldn't do now as it makes styling way too hard. After 4 years of, er, evolution, I'm left with a Frankensteinian creation that can't become Joomla 3 until I have at least a couple of months with nothing to do :-)

Oh well, so it goes!

Thanks for your advice - prompt and much appreciated as always.

Adam
by Adam

Replied by Adam on topic Spanning columns

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #8753
Hi Ced,

There is a workaround that gives the desired layout in Joomla 1.5

Create a separate Joomla menu module for the submenu items and give it horizontal styling. Use Maximenu for the top menu with a single column dropdown styled wide, put the full width text in with a blank module and call the new menu module to provide the submenu items.

I've only got it on my home server at the moment but will soon have it on the live site if any one wants to take a look: McGregor Village

Cheers,
Adam
by Adam

Time to create page: 0.671 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 873 guests and no members online