Duplicated ARIA-ID and incorrect links

Duplicated ARIA-ID and incorrect links was created by Giuse

Posted 9 months 4 weeks ago #68675
Hi, I passed my site to Google PageSpeed Insights and found 2 problems with Maximenu CK (pro):
  • aria-id are duplicated and should not. This happens since there are 2 forms for typing username, password and ticking "login-remember", one is for the desktop menu and the other one for the mobile menu. There are 2 modlgn-username-<n>, modlgn-passwd-<n> and form-login-input-remember-<n>. This is an accessibility violation for Google.
  • Some links cannot be crawled. This happens since Menu Heading and Separator menus are rendered as a html elements, but they are not really links (infact they are not clickable and there is no href). This is a SEO violation for Google.
Can these two issues be solved?
thanks a lot

Giuse
by Giuse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Duplicated ARIA-ID and incorrect links

Posted 9 months 4 weeks ago #68680
Hi
1/ this is because the mobile menu duplicates the menu to make it mobile, but this happens using Javascript which is mainly not used with accessibility devices
I can check by my side if I can avoid this duplicates

2/ this is not really a problem from the menu module, this is because you have added some seppartors / heading types in your menu structure in the Joomla menu manager ;)
you can change theses types for another type (article link, external url ...)

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Giuse on topic Duplicated ARIA-ID and incorrect links

Posted 9 months 4 weeks ago #68681
Hi Cedric, thanks for point #1. For points 2 the separators and heading types are non clickable items by definition, they are used for adding info / presentation, they are not "real" menu items. if I use article link for example for this purpose of "presentation" (without a link..), I am not using the correct menu types. Wouldn't be "cleaner" to use span elements instead of a elements for these types of menu items?
thanks

Giuse
by Giuse

Posted 9 months 4 weeks ago #68682
the separator / headings are allowed, but not as parent item
you can use them as column heading in a submenu for example, or to add some text where you don't have any children
these items are rendered with a <span>, so there is no issue regarding the code, nor the SEO. You will get exactly the same situation when using the native joomla mod_menu

by ced1870

Replied by Giuse on topic Duplicated ARIA-ID and incorrect links

Posted 9 months 4 weeks ago #68683

I am using headings menu types in a submenu and without children. The issue is not present in the Maximenu "desktop"
Code:
div class="maxidrop-main"   div class="maximenuck2 first "     ul class="maximenuck2"       li data-level="2" class="maximenuck headingck item507 first level2 "         span data-hover="DATABASE" class="nav-header center"           span class="titreck" data-hover="DATABASE"             span class="titreck-text"               span class="titreck-title">DATABASE span             /span           /span         /span

while it appears in the Mobile Menu (sorry to specify that just now after another test):
Code:
div class="mobilemenuck-submenu"   div class="mobilemenuck-item" data-level="2"     div class="menuck maximenuck headingck item507 first level2 "       [b]a[/b] class="nav-header center"         span class="mobilemenuck-item-text"           span class="titreck" data-hover="DATABASE"             span class="titreck-text"               span class="titreck-title">DATABASE span                 /span               /span             /span           /[b]a[/b]         /div       /div

The issue is in that "a" element of nav-header center, that appears just in the mobile version.
cheers

Giuse
by Giuse

Posted 9 months 4 weeks ago #68684
ok thanks for pointing the problem !
I will check that by my side and I will let you know

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.679 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 964 guests and no members online