Styling in submenu: get rid of lines underneath each item

Replied by Bruce27 on topic Styling in submenu: get rid of lines underneath each item

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67500
That does take away the lines, but it changes a whole lot of other things as well, like fonts and font colours.
by Bruce27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Styling in submenu: get rid of lines underneath each item

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67501
ok, was it on "YES" before ?
for info :
www.joomlack.fr/en/documentation/maximen...-compile-css-options

I think that you used the cached styles and now you have the modifications up to date
Am I right if I suppose that you were using the "default" theme at start of this thread ?

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Bruce27 on topic Styling in submenu: get rid of lines underneath each item

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67502
1. It was on "Yes" before, although initially I had it on "Compile".

2. Yes, that is correct. I was using the default theme.
by Bruce27

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67503
Thank you for the documentation link. That is helpful.
by Bruce27

Replied by ced1870 on topic Styling in submenu: get rid of lines underneath each item

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67504
ok so the borders are coming from the "default" theme
you can select it and remove the borders in the styling interface and set the border to 0
or you can use the "blank" theme and use the styling interace to customize all the styles (you can also use the "presets" tab to load the styles from the "default", and then update the settings

hope it helps
(for info the theme was the initial feature many years ago, nowadays the styling interface is the most used option but the theme option is still there. I suggest you to use the blank theme and the styling options)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67508
Thank you, that is very helpful. I always try to avoid using conflicting methods of accomplishing the same thing, so your suggestion of using the blank theme with customized styles seems the best to me.

I'm still having trouble with some of the settings, though. I can customize some of them in the styling interface, but others don't seem to work. The following are giving me trouble:

1. On the main menu, I can't seem to change the left padding. I want it to be about 10px or so, and the demo example in the styling interface reflects the changes. However, they do not get through to the website.

2. I can't get the font style on the submenu to stop showing in bold. Once again, it is correct on the example in the styling interface, but the style doesn't carry through to the website.

3. Some other changes carry through fine.

Can you help me to understand why I can't get these changes to reflect on the website? I'm using the "No" option for "Load compiled CSS" and I clear out the Joomla cache after making changes. I also force my browser to reload the page from the server (Ctrl-F5 on Firefox), so I should be getting a fresh pageload every time rather than loading data from the Joomla cache or the local cache.
Last Edit:1 year 2 months ago by Bruce27
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Bruce27.

Time to create page: 0.676 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 594 guests and no members online