CK Menu Not Functioning/Displaying Consistently

CK Menu Not Functioning/Displaying Consistently was created by ChristophG

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #57145
Hello ...

I have just installed the latest Maxi Menu CK Pro and the latest Params versions.
At times the sub-menu displays properly and other times the background becomes transparent.and then stays that way.

Can you advise?
Thank you and best ... Christoph

Last Edit:3 years 10 months ago by ChristophG
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by ChristophG. Reason: More clearly stated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic CK Menu Not Functioning/Displaying Consistently

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #57146
Hi

just installed the latest Maxi Menu CK Pro and the latest Params versions

you must not install the Params, only the Pro
Params are obsolete and have been replaced with the Pro version
forum.joomlack.fr/index.php/4-maximenu-c...maximenu-ck-v8-to-v9

please give me the url of the page. Do you have a cache enabled on your website ? or something like JCH Optimize ? it could be in cause, like if the css were not rendered
Then also tell me in the styles options of the module >> compile CSS : what option have you set ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by ChristophG on topic CK Menu Not Functioning/Displaying Consistently

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #57148
Hello CEd ...

Thank you very much for responding, and responding so quickly ... !
I must apologize, I was confused about purchasing Params. It was only Pro.
Although I have been using Joomla for probably a decade +, I usually do not change default settings for plug-ins unless i fully understand the affects 100%, since I am not a programmer.

Your comment regarding the Compile CSS: I was aware of it, but left it on Compile (not wanting to break something. However, I now changed it to YES (like it says), and the menu seems to be working fine. I have been giving it a good workout. Another issue was, when changing the settings (such as menu / sub-menu colors, background color, etc.), the settings did not take effect on the front end, except after some time (or not at all). This issue, too, is now resolved, because of the YES setting, I assume.

Question: If I make changes to the menu settings, (color, background, etc.), do I need to change the CSS setting back to Compile, and then back to YES, after having made changes?

The default cache setting in Joomla is as in the attachment. No settings were changed.
I do have a question relating to uninstalling. I assume that the list of required "uninstalls" as listed in the second attachment does not apply to my Pro Plugins, since they seem to be version 9+ ?

I have been a fan of Maxi Menu CK for a very long time. I have never experienced a single problem with previous versions ... !

Thank you again for your help and quick and clear response, and best regards. Please stay safe.
Christoph

Attachments:

Replied by ced1870 on topic CK Menu Not Functioning/Displaying Consistently

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #57154

I usually do not change default settings for plug-ins unless i fully understand the affects 100%, since I am not a programmer.

great :)

The compile CSS option is detailed here :
www.joomlack.fr/en/documentation/maximen...-compile-css-options

Question: If I make changes to the menu settings, (color, background, etc.), do I need to change the CSS setting back to Compile, and then back to YES, after having made changes?

yes because the option on "yes" loads the existing styles, compared to "compile" that create them each time

I assume that the list of required "uninstalls" as listed in the second attachment does not apply to my Pro Plugins, since they seem to be version 9+ ?

right :) this is only if you have migrated from the V8, there are the old Params plugins to uninstall

I have been a fan of Maxi Menu CK for a very long time. I have never experienced a single problem with previous versions ... !

great :) the way how the styles / compilation works is the same as in the previous v8 ...

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristophG

Time to create page: 0.652 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 542 guests and no members online