Joomshopping

Replied by ced1870 on topic Joomshopping

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38551
if you want to use another menu, do it, no problem for me
I'm just trying to help you. I'm not a teacher about website management.

CSS, HTML, FTP access, all these are basics that you should know when creating a website

now if you need informations about how to load a custom css in joomla you can also find useful informations. There is a method into the interface to add a file user.css that will be automatically managed by joomla

extensions.joomla.org/blog/item/load-cus...ault-joomla-template

using this method you can add your own CSS

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by deepbend on topic Joomshopping

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38553
I have deleted the line in the file via my control panel (Just literally taught myself how to do it)! and it works OK now thanks :P

I do appreciate your help, but you are obviously an expert in this field I am just learning, and what sounds easy for you sounds complicated to me.

When creating a site using a CMS system you rely heavily on third party extensions expecting them to work in the environment where they are designed to work in. When they do not work properly then you are stuck!

CMS systems such as Joomla are for people that are not PHP ect. programmers or qualified web designers to be able to create and customise there own websites. When extensions become problematic people like me have to rely on the extension providers to help resolve the problems. I know your not a teacher but perhaps these little problems could be ironed out and rectified in future versions so people like me don't have to keep coming back to you to resolve these issues.

Anyway I do appreciate your help and thanks one again. B)

Replied by ced1870 on topic Joomshopping

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38554
I totally understand that you are a beginner and that you need some help. I think that you don't imagine how many people like you I have already helped for free (I'm also involved in the french joomla community as forum moderator).

Now to be honest, when I try to help you and you answer me

May have to look to buy anther menu system and hope it works off the shelf!

this hurts me.

you can not expect to have the website exactly like you want in 1 click. You must understand that when adding multiple extensions, you may have few things to adjust to get the desired result

I'm here on my forum to help people to get the final result.
Hope you understad

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by deepbend on topic Joomshopping

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38555
"CSS, HTML, FTP access, all these are basics that you should know when creating a website"

Yes this one hurt me!

Anyway I apologise if I did hurt your feelings, had no intention in doing so. I was just frustrated as I keep hitting these little problems and in fact literally spent hours and hours going over every setting imaginable that I could find in Joomla, Joomshopping and the CK menu and in different sequences to try and find a setting that would magically sort the problem out before going onto the forum.

Time to create page: 1.022 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1242 guests and no members online