Espace réservé aux bonne idées et suggestions pour Joomlack.

Page Builder CK - create a slider background using Smart Slider 3

Hi

I chanced upon this by accident recently and wanted to share it with the community. It's a bit of a hack, but it works for me! 

Although Page Builder CK allows a background image, colour or even video, there is a way to create a slider as a background if you use the free Smart Slider 3 extension. 
  1. Create your slider in Smart Slide 3. Be sure to set the slider size to full width layout. You may also need to enable "Force full width".
  2. Create a module from the slider.
  3. Create your page in Page Builder CK.
  4. Create a full-width row with three columns.
  5. In column one, put the slider module.
  6. Check this displays full width on the front end of your site. You may need to amend margins, padding, etc.
  7. Now you can adjust the column widths to make column two almost the full width. Mine is set to 96% with columns one and three set at 2% each. 
  8. Create the rest of your page in column two! 
I've not tried this with any other slider extension, but you might like to try it with your own favourite.
Enjoy! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Page Builder CK - create a slider background using Smart Slider 3

Posted 7 months 2 weeks ago #69297
Hi
thanks for sharing your solution
for info Slideshow CK has a feature to put the slideshow as page bacground, but also a feature to give a css selector to put the slideshow as background

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

I didn't know that! Thanks CEd.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Page Builder CK - create a slider background using Smart Slider 3

Posted 7 months 2 weeks ago #69300
you're welcome :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.719 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1384 guests and no members online