Image minimum width

Image minimum width was created by BenMurphy

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #12743
Hi,

I've been using this plugin on a few sites now and I love it for creating great screen filling responsive slideshows. My plan of attack has generally been to update the height with media queries at the relevant breakpoints. When it gets down a fluid mobile width I simply set it at the most accommodating height and deal with a bit of inconsistency just fine.

However it seems in the more recent version I just got for my latest project there is now a minimum size for the images of 640px. I understand the logic in not wanting the images to scale down to a ridiculously tiny size in some sense, but this has never been a problem for me. The images are largely there for just aesthetic interest and by the time you get to a device that has a screen width too small for the images they'd be experiencing plenty of other problems with basic navigation really.

So in short I was wondering was there someway to override this behaviour and remove any kind of minimum? So that it scales down in width infinitely like it used to. I noticed the max resolution for mobile options but correct me if I'm wrong these are to load a separate image below a certain width? Even with this turned off I can't get my images to scale down below 640px width (and changing the width of "Max resolution for images for Mobile" doesn't seem to affect anything when the above radio box is set to "No").

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Image minimum width

Posted 10 years 8 months ago #12754
Hi
not sure to understand the issue ..
there is no minimum for the resolution. for your situation I think that you should just set the height of the slideshow in percent like already explained here and in the module documentation.
The new option with "max mobile resolution" is to create smaller images depending on the screen resolution, this should not affect the slideshow behavior
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.648 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 843 guests and one member online