Custom text for a slide using Falang

Custom text for a slide using Falang was created by stephaniemai

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62359
Hi, I used to use the Falang extension to translate the custom text of my slides. My sliders are Slideshowck modules. But when I open the Falang modal the page seems to have problems with loading and I can't access the text input field. I also contacted the Falang support but since I have the trouble only with slideshowck modules I tend to think that the issue is on the CK side. Thank you for your help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Custom text for a slide using Falang

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62360
Hi
you don't need Falang
Please use the native joomla multilanguage : create 1 module per language, then you can write the text as you want
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: stephaniemai

Replied by stephaniemai on topic Custom text for a slide using Falang

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62361
Thank you for your swift answer, I appreciate it!

To be honest I actually enjoyed using Falang for managing the 6 languages of my website rather than multiplicating the modules... It is a pity that it used to be compatible and is not anymore :side:

By the way, when activating the system error log I got this error message if that may be of any interest for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fatal error: Class 'JFormFieldRadio' not found in web/administrator/components/com_slideshowck/elements/slideshowckradio.php on line 10
stephanie

Replied by ced1870 on topic Custom text for a slide using Falang

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62362
I understand
By my side I was using JoomFish, which was the parent project of Falang but I had to stop using it when I swtiched to joomla 3 some years ago because it was no more updated
Since I use the Joomla native multilanguage feature and it works very well :)
yes you have to duplicate the modules, but you can filter your list of modules by language and I never had any issue with that

since the beginning of Falang (some of my extensions were existing before that) I have told that I will never work on a compatiblity for it as it works without problem in the native feature

thanks for the feedback about the error, I will check that by my side and let you know asap
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.850 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 665 guests and 2 members online