Getting the Login to act like the Demo

Getting the Login to act like the Demo was created by LCSAdriana

Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago #10102
Hi Ced,

I would like my login link in my sidebar menu to behave like the Login link in the demo. I read the instructions in this forum and this is what I have tried thus far:

I created a new link in my Main Menu with a type of "text separator". (I am assuming that is the "separator" you wrote about in the forum). In the title field for the new menu item I put in [modid=16] which is the Module Manager's assigned ID number for the default Joomla login module. (I gave the default Login module in the Module manager the position I use for my sidebar.)

Here is the problem...The new Login menu item shows up in the sidebar as a static login area with all the the fields (username and password etc) showing all the time. It does not work with the accordion effect like the demo where the fields are hidden until the link is clicked.

How do I create the menu item to behave as it does in the demo?

Also I noticed that when I click on a top menu item that has submenu items under it (even though the top menu item is itself a "single article" menu type) it doesn't display the article. When top menu items which are single article links have submenu items does that prevent them from linking to articles themselves? Is there anyway to get around this so they do link to article if necessary?

Thank you,
Adriana
Last Edit:11 years 3 weeks ago by LCSAdriana
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by LCSAdriana.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Getting the Login to act like the Demo

Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago #10109
Hi
1/

(I gave the default Login module in the Module manager the position I use for my sidebar.

publish the module in a non existing position like "foobar" then it will not be displayed in the template
2/ you must use the optoin "target element" on image only
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by LCSAdriana on topic Getting the Login to act like the Demo

Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago #10170
Thank you Ced,

I got both issues working now.

Adriana

Time to create page: 0.744 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 990 guests and one member online