Parent items in Accordion Menu are not clickable

Parent items in Accordion Menu are not clickable was created by joomlacker

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9073
Environment:
Accordeon Menu CK, ver 1.8.1
installed on Joomla 2.5.9
PHP 5.3.20

I like this module very much so far; however, one major bug.
Even though,
(Mootools)
Event to open = 'click'
Event target element = 'link and image'

The parent items are not clickable. That is, they open the sub menu for children, but they do not open the link that is assigned to them by Joomla. The parent items are linked to articles, but when clicked in the menu, they open the sub menu, but do not open their respective article. I've looked at solutions offered earlier in this forum, and they don't apply to my case. I can email url to you, but I don't want to include on this public forum.
Thanks,
JoomLacker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Parent items in Accordion Menu are not clickable

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9078
Hi
just use the option
Event target element = 'image only'
so the link remains clickable
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by csymmonds on topic Parent items in Accordion Menu are not clickable

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9107
I am having a related issue with Accordeon and Hikashop patch.
When "Event Target Element" is set to "Link And Image", the menu hierarchy is displayed correctly but clicking on parent items only expands the hierarchy, no content is displayed on parent menu items.

When "Event Target Element" is set to "Image Only", clicking parent items displays the associated content page, but the menu hierarchy is displayed incorrectly. Root items display as though they're children of another root item. In this configuration, a "Plus" icon is also displayed, overlaying a part of the menu - though under "Styles" the option for "Use Image +/-" is set to "No", and "Use Images" under "Hikashop Compatability" is set to "No". In the screen shot, all items are on the root, though they're displayed indented as though children.

The menu hierarchy looks better when switching Templates to Beez, though I had no luck wading through CSS in FireFox trying to determine why the display appears correctly using "Link and Image", but not when using "Image Only".

Unrelated, at times the menu expands itself to some random location. For example, clicking on "Checkout" will expand much of the hiearchy, several levels. This happens regardless of the template used.

Lastly, I'm not able to determine how to download updates to the Hikashop Patch. When trying to update via Joomla's update, I get an error for MaxiMenu and Accordeon:

Error connecting to the server: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Package download failed:

NOTE : this is not an error, but an information. Please go on Joomlack.fr to download the last version and install it manually.

I downloaded and installed manually for these, but don't know how / where to download updates to the Hikashop patch.

In the screen shot, all items visible are root items.
Attachments:

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9120
Hi
please give me your url to see the issue. Then to download the update of the patch you must login with your account on joomlack and go in "my orders" to get your product
CEd

by ced1870

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9231
ok
this is only a css issue from your template and image. You can add a height value line 1411 in template.css
Code:
.art-block ul > li { height: 25px; padding-left: 15px; }

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: csymmonds

Replied by joomlacker on topic Parent items in Accordion Menu are not clickable

Posted 11 years 2 months ago #9281
Hi ced1870,
I started this discussion. We are still having the same issue.
When we choose 'link and image' then the parent items are not clickable. Otherwise, we like it very much.
Can you take a look, here's the url to our dev site:
www.devdia-chesapeakeregional.com.php53-...hip/foundation-board
thanks!
JR

Time to create page: 0.779 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1005 guests and one member online