different menu rendering across browsers

different menu rendering across browsers was created by jdmckay

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #31281
Good morning!

Ok, few weeks of learning with TC & Maximenu... things seem to be close. This is a technical site: purpose of this navigation is to provide easy way for visitors to "drill down" to info/data they want.

I've done everything... TC design, MM design etc. in Google Chrome. Very close to having positioning/MM structure the way I want. However, for first time last night I opened this test site in FireFox/IE and MM size & positioning was much different.

Been Googling this morning/searching forums/re-reading TC documentation, but really have no idea why this is happening. Does not occur using Protostar or Beez.

I'm using...

TC ver: 3.3.17
MM ver: 8.0.20
MM Params ver

My test site is here: demo.radfreenm.org.

One other less pressing issue: I'm getting an error trying to install FontSquirrel fonts:

: 4.0.2
by jdmckay
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic different menu rendering across browsers

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #31285
Hi
for the fontsquirrel, you must check that in your zip you have directly the .css file, this must not be in a subfolder.

For maximenu, I have quickly checked in both Firefox and Chrome but I don't see any difference ...
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by jdmckay on topic different menu rendering across browsers

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #31290

ced1870 wrote:
For maximenu, I have quickly checked in both Firefox and Chrome but I don't see any difference ...
CEd

Hi Again,

I attached screenshots from top of Chrome/Firefox. In 2nd, you can see top level items have been moved to new row on menu. Expanding menu in FF (and IE), subitems which I set widths/heights to display in Chrome without line-wrap, DO line wrap in FF/IE.

This is rendered in my TC generate/installed template (eg: I think this is template issue, not MM).

In particular, problem is most evident hovering over "Media & Video" tab.

It's working perfectly in Chrome.

Thx.
by jdmckay
Attachments:

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #31291
Ok, problem in FF seems to be user can choose their on font in browser preferences. Playing with this, changing font in browser can blow up all my positioning.

Please be patient: I'm not sure how to deal with this, as a menu design strategy... I'm a bit confused.

If I look at demos in your MM page, font does not change when I change browser's (FF) font in your MM examples. How is this achieved?

I feel as though I'm missing something in my use of TC, producing my template.

I look, again... at page source for you MM demo page, shows bunch of modules loaded which my demo site does not have.

Please give me some ideas here: I simply can't put this site up like this.

Ok, thx.
by jdmckay

Replied by ced1870 on topic different menu rendering across browsers

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #31296
on my demo page, of course I have multiple modules loaded :)
Now I have never changed a font on Firefox ... and I have never heard about this before
For me the font is the one applied to the element with CSS

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #31341
Ok Cedric, I'm almost there!!!

I have 2 issues, with a vertical megamenu (position 2) on my TC template (same url)

1) if you go to the site, and hover over "Public Comments" on main menu, the drop down container covers 2nd button on vertical menu (to right of logo), but top button ("About Citizen Action") shows through the top menu's drop down container.

2) 2nd item in vertical menu ("How to use this website") extends to right beyond perimeter of the module. I can't find a way to limit this button's width.

Other then that, things working pretty well. I'm quite happy with these tools I've bought from you. I went to review on Joomla's extension site: found Maximenu, but not Template Creator... is it there? Do you have a URL?

And... one other thing: you video tutorial for installing Squirrelfonts I think, needs to be updated. I followed your instructructions there a bunch of times, didn't work (site didn't allow me to upload a downloaded font through their "Webfont Generator".

I had to download a "Fontfacekit" (not all of their fonts have them), unzip and extract each style's folder 1 by 1, then zip up these individual folder... that did the trick.

Ok... thanks again, had 1/2 dozen competent guys putting my demo site through it's paces, everyone's pretty happy.
by jdmckay

Time to create page: 0.654 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1089 guests and no members online