2 requests...

2 requests... was created by Boradan

Posted 8 years 7 months ago #29959
I have another couple of requests for template creator ....

1. An option for a horizontal menu block to become fixed when scrolled to the top of the screen.

2. a social media block - the usual links for twitter, facebook, google, pinterest, along with the ability in the back end of the template to turn each one of these on/off and to put in the urls for the links.
This would also need the option in the template-creator back end for us to use the particular logos for these - the normal background-image selector would be fine....
If this social media block could ALSO have the option to be either a normal, horizontal block, or a vertical block at (either) side of the page, then that would be even better....

You can see what I mean with both of these item requests at :
www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/index.php

The main menu scrolls with the page until it hits the top of the screen, and then it sticks there.
The social media buttons are on the left of the screen in a fixed position.

Having both of these abilities built in to template creator would be fantastic in my view

(OH, while we are at it, I LOVE the ability to save custom images now and use it a LOT. Any chance of adding more 'slots' to this? maybe doubling the number of available custom images to save? )
by Boradan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic 2 requests...

Posted 8 years 6 months ago #30029
Hi
1/ for this, please use my module Maximenu CK which has this option. I still stick to my first goal , to not add any additionnal Javascript in the template :)

2/ same as 1/, there already are some plugins/modules to do that, I don't think to add this for now in the template

I LOVE the ability to save custom images now and use it a LOT

cool :), such features are possible because are really something that is manages by the template.
for the slots, I will note this and see how to manage it, to have an unlimited number of images to add

Really for me, you must not think that the template adds the features into your website. I know that many templates do it now, and you can look at how many problems it occurs to the users ;). How many compatibility problems did you ever had with a template made with Template Creator ? ... I don't think so much, right ? ;)

BUT, in order to improve this part, I'm thinking of a way to manage the content / modules directly in the interface of Template Creator.

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Boradan on topic 2 requests...

Posted 8 years 6 months ago #30039
Thats fair enough regarding the javascript exclusion
I still think the social media box would be an excellent addition though.
e.g. use the row to make a row with 2 blocks - one for a horizontal menu, and one specifically for the 'new' social media block.
It would give it perfect placement without the need to create a new 'module position'

Thank you regarding the extra added images option though.
A possibility might be to make an 'ADD +' button below the image selection (similar to your slideshow/carousel modules)and just keep adding rows when necessary.
While you are at it, you could also expand the type of file allowed for this to include *.mp4 *.webm and *.ogg files to allow for the inclusion of background videos.
(also related to the background videos would be the addition of a 'Custom HTML' option for wrappers, blocks and modules to get the videos placed - unless of course it is in your plans to have videos as a background option for everything that can currently take a background image/color)

This could also be expanded to the 'custom code' and 'custom css' tabs
I have started to add animation options to my modules, and would prefer to have an additional css file (animate.css) to keep all the animate stuff separate.
Same with Javascript - currently it is necessary to modify the template directly (both the index.php file and the templateDetails.xml files' to add any js files that need loaded. The option to include these with an 'Add js file' option would be excellent.
by Boradan

Replied by ced1870 on topic 2 requests...

Posted 8 years 6 months ago #30048
I have noted your suggestions :)

A possibility might be to make an 'ADD +' button below the image selection

yes this is what I thought

you could also expand the type of file allowed for this to include

noted

background videos would be the addition of a 'Custom HTML' option for wrappers

already in my todolist ;)

and would prefer to have an additional css file (animate.css) to keep all the animate stuff separate.

for this I invite you to use the custom code to make the call to your css file because I think that there are the 3 css files already in use are sufficient for now

'Add js file' option would be excellent.

noted :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Boradan on topic 2 requests...

Posted 8 years 6 months ago #30055
Cant ask for more than this ;)
Looking forward to these being implemented.
by Boradan

Time to create page: 0.646 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 911 guests and no members online