Internal server error on save

Internal server error on save was created by trogladyte

Posted 4 months 1 day ago #70534
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ced.

This site, and this article, have been around for ages and have saved without issue in the past. I did it very recently (within December) without issue. I believe it has to do with me upgrading PHP from 8.0.xx to 8.2 as that's the only significant change I've done to the site recently. Error is very generic:Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@adcoservice.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.More information about this error may be available in the server error log.Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It happens if I try to add an image block to the article. I haven't tried other blocks except text blocks which save fine, and module blocks, which don't (see below). However, as soon as I add an image block (or add an image to a text block) the save fails. The same issue does NOT happen to the PB modules, however, and that was my workaround. I wrote the top part of the article and then displayed modules for the rest (those rows are image | text | text). But, I had to display them as modules assigned to that page. I tried adding a module block to the article and this also failed to save.

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Internal server error on save

Posted 4 months 1 day ago #70535
Hi
is Page Builder CK up do date ?
Please enable the debug in the website config and tell me if you get a more complete error message
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Internal server error on save

Posted 4 months 21 hours ago #70539
Nothing. I still get the same white-only page with the error message. The debug bar doesn't show at all.

Posted 4 months 14 hours ago #70543
I just encountered this on another site today. Same issue - if there's an image on the page the save fails. So, I went through my sites and chose another 6-7 at somewhat random. I tried a bunch of older sites that had been migrated from Joomla 2.5 or Joomla 3 to Joomla 4, as well as one that's begun life as Joomla 4 sites. There was no constant. Some old sites failed, some didn't; the same with the new sites.

I then went and changed the PHP version to 8.0, 8.1, and 8.3. It made no difference.

I then tried installing (Manage | Install) an old version of PB I had saved - 2.8.11. Checked, voila! I could save. Went to  Manage | Update and was surprised to see the update to PB shown as 3.1.0 when I have a file called 3.2.0 saved as the current one I'd downloaded. The file date on it was December 29, 2023 (which was probably the day I downloaded it). The dates on the files in the ZIP are December 27. I went ahead and did the update to 3.1.0 and the articles still save OK. So, it seems the file I have has the issue. I will send it to you on email as it's too big to upload here.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Internal server error on save

Posted 4 months 4 hours ago #70544
Hi
thank you for all the details and tests
I'm in holidays, that is why I did not answer sooner

If I understand the situation, you have fixed it by updating again to the last version, like if your files we corrupted or may be a phantom bug in it
that's strange

let me know if the problem appears again

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 3 months 4 weeks ago #70546
Always happy to help Ced. And always nice to be the one that pinpoints where the problem is, even if I don't exactly identify the problem.
Happy New Year!

Time to create page: 0.748 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1381 guests and no members online