Feature Request: Full width bg - boxed content

Feature Request: Full width bg - boxed content was created by Timfreak

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50316
Hi!

I have a feature request:
It would be great to have the option to have a row with full width but the content boxed at the normal 1200px grid.

This way you could create beautiful one pages with sections with changing backgrounds, something like this for example:
www.lwb-cux-ohz.de/karriere/

It would save e a lot of time because I wouln't need to have a gantry template for my one pages!
What do you think? :)

Best Regards,
Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Feature Request: Full width bg - boxed content

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50317
Hi
I think that this is great, but this is something that shall be done into the template :)
now may be that you are asking for an area that is fullwidth in the template and that you want to customize with a content using page builder, with this feature ?

you are telling about Gantry, but this is a template and not a page builder, right ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Timfreak on topic Feature Request: Full width bg - boxed content

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50337
Hi!

Right now I do it with my template. In Gantry you have some sections adn then fill it will module positions to create your onepage. But this is not reasonable... Search function won't work properly, it's complicated to edit, you have o versions in modules, etc.

So I would like to built my whole one page in page builder. I know there is the "full width" option for the rows... With this option you could create your sections with different background colors or images. But unfortunately when you choose full width, the content is also 100% width which doesn't look so good in many cases. So I would need an option to have the content centered using the "regular" grid of the template (in most cases it would be 1200px centered).

Hope you get my point? I attach you a screenshot with a page I am developing right now in page builder. The sections with red background have no full width, but it would look better when the red background would be ffrom left to right.
So basically: For the non-fullwidth rows I would like to have only the background full width and the content still "boxed" ;)

Best,
Tim
Attachments:

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50339
yes I understand. I will check how to get that, remind me in few days if I don't come back to you

by ced1870

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #51343
Hi
for info the 2.4.1 version is now available with the full width/boxed width options
www.joomlack.fr/documentation/page-build...k/236-full-with-rows
CEd

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Feature Request: Full width bg - boxed content

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #51370
Thanks for this enhancement Ced. However, cannot make it work.

Clicking the full width icon on the ROW pops up the options in the lefthand pane. However, I do not understand how to get a full width BG with a template-constrained content area (screen width BG with, in my case, 1200px wide content). Nothing I do gets me the full width BG anymore. It used to, but with full width content too.

The ONLY thing that happens now (haven't tried the JS option as I don't want lagginess) is 1200px wide everything.

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Time to create page: 0.685 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1060 guests and no members online