ERROR IN PAGE BUILDER - GOOGLE MAP

Replied by trogladyte on topic ERROR IN PAGE BUILDER - GOOGLE MAP

Posted 7 years 8 months ago #36382
Yes, I realize that you're not to blame for this - it's so darn frustrating that Google does this sort of thing. Oh it's working, let's break it!! DOH!!

Well, I can't comment on the key validity except to say it works on other sites AND, in the direct preview of PB, the correct map shows with the correct zoom. However, after saving, the wrong map is displayed on the frontend. I changed back to mosmap, using the same key, and there it is - correct. Really strange.

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36486
Still having this issue. The key is definitely valid as it works on other plugins. In fact (see map01.jpg) it works in the admin of Page Builder. However, when viewed on the front end (map02.jpg) it shows just over the border from New York in Canada.

There must be an error in the rendering on the front end if the admin renders fine.

Attachments:

Replied by ced1870 on topic ERROR IN PAGE BUILDER - GOOGLE MAP

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36487
Hi
this is what I see in the page
Code:
function ck_mapID1466807942542_initialize() { var mapCanvas = document.getElementById("googlemapID1466807942542"); var mapOptions = { center: new google.maps.LatLng(34.3541659, -119.05927050000003), zoom: 13, scrollwheel: false, mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP } var map = new google.maps.Map(mapCanvas, mapOptions); var marker = new google.maps.Marker({ map: map, position: new google.maps.LatLng(34.3541659, -119.05927050000003), title: '' }); if ('') { var infowindow = new google.maps.InfoWindow({ content: '' }); marker.addListener('mouseover', function() { infowindow.open(map, marker); }); } }

so the lat and long are different from the one in your screenshot
map

34.3541659, -119.05927050000003

screenshot

33.6, -112.29

the google map seems to work with the API Key

<script src=" maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=AIza...uYvnsoQcHB9JLVFWIRfg " type="text/javascript">

so by my side I see that the map is working but does not have the correct infos. Are you sur that you are editing the correct map ? ...
Try to remove it and create a new map

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36497
I added another map for my own place. Failed again. I have another API key that I know works as well and I specifiy URLs for (painful thing to do but one component won't work with an open key).

So I added the domain to that and changed the key in the plugin. Failed.

So I made yet another key and added to plugin. Failed.

Then I tried using the PB module (up till now I have been using a standard Joomla Custom HTML module). It worked perfectly! So there's something being lost in the translation when using a Joomla Custom HTML module. The Joomla module also doesn't constrain the module positions within it (see screenshot). They are bleeding over into the next column or off the sheet. Only noticed this with maps (they are set at 100% width). In the screenshot you can see that the text in the central column is in its correct place but the maps are 500px wide and not constrained to 333px max for 3 columns on a 1000px wide sheet.

At least I know how to make it work now. And, yes, prepare content was turned on in the Custom HTML modules.

Cheers

Attachments:

Replied by ced1870 on topic ERROR IN PAGE BUILDER - GOOGLE MAP

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36587
Hi
sorry to not have answered you before but I was busy to end few things before my holidays, and now I'm in holidays
but as I have understood you managed to use it, so remind me after the 22th august and I will try to reproduce the issue by my side to fix this :)
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36590
Yes thanks Ced, I got it working - no apology needed. We're all busy.

I had been using a standard Joomla Custom HTML module then opening up a PB page within the module and inserting a Google map. Even though the direct preview was correct, the actual display on the website always defaulted to the place in Canada.

So I used the actual PB module, did the same thing with it - inserted the Google map - and direct preview, again, was all good, but, this time, the website display was fine too.

I don't know if I had "Prepare content" in the Joomla module set to Yes or No and I have modified the module now so can't say. Perhaps that was causing it.

Time to create page: 0.653 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 663 guests and no members online