Phantom menu appearing [Solved]

Phantom menu appearing was created by rbur

Posted 4 years 7 months ago #53700
Hello ... I am looking at Mobile Menu and I'm having a small problem with the appearance of a phantom dropdown menu appearing when using a desktop resolution.I have the Mobile Menu set for "Resolution" detection and currently set for 700px. When I drop the browser to less than 700px then the dropdown menu disappears and the mobile menu appears correctly as it should.
System is Joomla 3.9.11 and using template = Cloudbase3

thanks... Ron

by rbur
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Phantom menu appearing

Posted 4 years 7 months ago #53703
Hi
you must have a normal menu on desktop, this is used to render the mobile menu
please give me the url of the page and tell me how it can be that you have a mobile menu but no menu on desktop ;)
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 4 years 7 months ago #53755
I have received your email
so my question : you have published a 2nd menu with a native mod_menu, but you already have exactly the same menu existing in your page (loaded by your template framework)
Why don't you simply use the "custom menu" feature in Mobile Menu CK ?
www.joomlack.fr/en/documentation/mobile-...a-custom-mobile-menu

else you can add the css class "hidden" in the css suffix option of the menu module

by ced1870

Replied by rbur on topic Phantom menu appearing

Posted 4 years 7 months ago #53760
Hmm ... Sorry ... I do NOT see admin >>> Components >>> Mobile Menu CK in my installation.
I am very happy with the template desktop menu ... I was expecting that this extension was to give me a "Mobile Menu" without a main menu. Perhaps I miss-understand ??
Where do I find the "Custom Menu" you mention ??
by rbur

Posted 4 years 7 months ago #53762
the custom menu feature is available in the Pro version
as said before you can try to simply hide the desktop menu with the "hidden" css class. Have you tried ?

by ced1870

Replied by rbur on topic Phantom menu appearing [Solved]

Posted 4 years 7 months ago #53769
Thank you for your reply and patience with me.
Well I have tried repeatedly to remove the desktop menu display produced by Mobile Menu by using the word "hidden" in the advanced>>Menu Class Suffix all to no avail although the font size and structure of the MM desktop menu were changing. In a last "one more try" attempt, I mis-typed and inserted a space in front of hidden to become " hidden" and ... it worked !!!... exactly as I had hoped for. This may be what you were telling me but in my un-experience, I never picked up on it. It's a good day if I can learn something.
I will continue our testing and if MM appears to work as desired then I will purchase the extension.

One tiny question ... will the Pro version allow for a visible feedback (colour change ??) when a user taps a sub menu selection ?? Our rural internet speed is slow and it's not always obvious that a selection has been made.

THANK YOU for your help.... Ron
by rbur

Time to create page: 0.692 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 961 guests and no members online