[SOLVED] Please some HELP

Replied by ced1870 on topic Please some HELP

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #52183
I don't tell about unpublishing the menu items, but the module ;)
yes for the home item, this is a message from joomla

I can unpulish the module, and when I go to Menus I still see that Main Menu has a module which is main menu module at position-1.

exactly what I meant : in your template framework the menu is not rendered using a module, but directly from code in the template ... You are saying in your 1st post that you are using Yootheme and this is the "problem"

The only solution that you can use now is to set up the mobile menu ck to target a menu with a custom rule (available from the pro version).

BUT, on your website cco.oakdalecalvary.org/ you already have a mobile menu from the template, so if you enable the mobile menu you will get 2 mobile menus. Do you have any option to disable this mobile menu from your template ?

Let me know, I can guide you through the steps to make the Mobile Menu CK work with your current menu without having to use a module, but you must manage the other point in your template yourself to see how to disable the one that is already shown

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by silvagroup on topic Please some HELP

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #52185
Ah ha, that makes sense. Sorry again I am rather ignorant when it comes to web design trying to change that thank you for your patience !!!

There is a mobile menu module and there is a mobile menu which has the mobile module at position mobile
I set the Mobile Menu in the theme to Main Menu.

The current mobile menu is just a duplicate of the main menu.

I have often thought that if I knew where in the heck they have the menu code I could do something with it, but that seems to be a big secret as support from Yootheme acquiesced to giving any information on addressing this big short coming in the pro themes. It must be like the secret sauce at McDonalds.

Again thank you so very much for your help !!!!!

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #52186

It must be like the secret sauce at McDonalds.

:D

ok, so please let me know what information you need now to get the menu that you want. Are you able to use the Mobile Menu CK, or do you need my help for this ?

by ced1870

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #52187
Yes will definitely need some help setting it up please.

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #52190
ok, you must go in Components >> Mobile Menu CK >> click on the tab Custom Menus
Here create a new mobile menu with
- Title : (what you want)
- CSS selector : nav.uk-navbar
- Menu place :Top fixed

leave the other fieds by default, just to test first that it works correctly. Please confirm that you test on oakdalecalvary.org/ so that I can check when ready

by ced1870

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #52195
Yes that works, : ) : )

I tried using the default preset, since MMCK is showing Theme3, but it's not maintaining the selection of the Default preset.
In MMCK preview it's showing what's selected but the site never changes from Theme3.
I went to Presets selected Default then Save then Close it was still Theme3 went back to MMCK did same steps again, still Theme3. Tried again got a failed error, so I repeated the process MMCK saved but still Theme3. Tried Reset setiings showed White Menu Bar I then selected Default again and save but still Theme3.

What am I doing wrong ? Thank you again !!!
Last Edit:4 years 11 months ago by silvagroup
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by silvagroup.

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1040 guests and one member online