Accept vs. Decline, what's the difference?

Accept vs. Decline, what's the difference? was created by heilei

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #55926
I'm not sure if I understand the difference between the buttons "Accept" and "Decline".

If the user clicks "Accept", the banner disappears, and the user can continue using my site. This is the normal case.

What should happen, if the user clicks "Decline" instead? As far as I can see, the plugin and my site work exactly the same as "Accept", there's no difference. The banner disappears, and user continues to the site.

In my opinion, "Decline" should mean that user does not accept the cookie, so the browser should be redirected to a neutral site, such as Google or some other generally accepted site. This is how most sites work, at least in my experience.

Could you describe in more detail, what is the actual difference between "Accept" and "Decline", thanks!

With kind regards,
HeiLei
Last Edit:3 years 11 months ago by heilei
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by heilei.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Accept vs. Decline, what's the difference?

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #55930
Hi
if you click
accept => it will allow the cookies to be stored
decline >> the cookies will not be stored (just the needed one : session and cookiesck so store the choice)

yes, it can be that it makes no difference. you can see some difference in your statistics from google analytics for example, when the user decline it will not be counted

This depends mostly on what cookies you are using, if you don't use them, then it makes absolutely no difference. More, if you don't use cookies, you don't need the banner !
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by heilei on topic Accept vs. Decline, what's the difference?

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #55937
Ok, thanks for the fast reply. All clear now!
by heilei

Time to create page: 0.631 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 817 guests and one member online