Remember last state

Remember last state was created by jfinkl

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4459
I love this menu but see it fails when following links to pages NOT on the menu. For example, once on a page from the KwickMenu the menu can be set to remain open. However, if a link is clicked to any other page that isn't part of the KwickMenu, then the menu resets to a completely closed state (no panels open).

Is there any way to modify this so that the menu will retain its last state until clicked again? This would ensure it stays open when links are clicked on submenus and text links within menu pages.

Thanks in advance for any solution/advice!
Last Edit:11 years 8 months ago by jfinkl
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by jfinkl. Reason: clarified typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Remember last state

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4461
Hi
I will work on an option to set an Itemid to be opened by default if there is no active item in the menu.So it will never be closed
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by jfinkl on topic Re: Remember last state

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4462
That would be a great fix to help my current problem. I suppose the ideal fix would be to allow a specification for particular panel to be open for any article.

I have submenus on each page and will need to control what menu panels are open per submenu item.

I'll gladly pay some for that solution. Your mods are very elegant!

Thanks for quick response.
by jfinkl

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Remember last state

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4463
Thank you :)
Ok but if you want me to implement this for you, explain me how you think it would work. How to manage the options to do this :
"I suppose the ideal fix would be to allow a specification for particular panel to be open for any article. "

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4464
I'd like to use the Kwickmenu as the main menu representing content categories. I also have submenus in other module positions linking to specific articles within each category. The submenu articles are category-specific so each category (Kwickmenu panel) will have a few submenu links to specific articles within the active category. So when a Kwickmenu panel is selected, only the submenus for that category will show.

I'd like to have the Kwickmenu stay open on the active panel while items are selected from the submenus. Currently, the Kwickmenu closes once a submenu item is selected.

If this is unclear, I can pass a link to a mockup for your review. Thanks for your help!
by jfinkl

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4531
Have you had a chance to work on this? Or can I provide more explanation? Thanks again for your help.

I believe the ability to assign articles to menu panels will be a tremendous improvement. Currently the Kwickmenu can only be used with very simple site navigation so this will extend its usefulness!
by jfinkl

Time to create page: 0.706 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1212 guests and no members online