can't add videos using mediabox

can't add videos using mediabox was created by thor555

Posted 11 years 1 week ago #10119
Hi thank you for this extension :) I am using joomla 2.5, and was able to get mediabox to work for an image. (added in an article as shown in turorial, and popped up). My problem was trying to do this with a video. I tried to add the video which is in my images/videos folder (using localhhost for development so it is my laptop) by clicking the button by the link (shown in the video tutorial) A box pops up showing the directories, like it did when I added the image. Problem is, it will not show the videos that I know are in there, when I click on the videos folder. so then I tried to use your 'upload' button, and browse to the video and upload it but it just says "file type not supported"... even though it is just a flv. I have tried adding mp4's etc. and just using very small files such as 2 MB, but still does not work. What should I do, as I really want to use this plugin to popup my videos :) thanks.
by thor555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic can't add videos using mediabox

Posted 11 years 1 week ago #10121
Hi

by clicking the button by the link

this is in your editor
you must upload via ftp (or local file copy/paste) into your website and give the url to the video directly to the code.
I think that your problem is related to your editor that won't let you manage the vieo types, and this is not related to the mediabox :)
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by thor555 on topic can't add videos using mediabox

Posted 11 years 1 week ago #10136
Thanks for your quick response :) I think you are right. I am using a wampserver (localhost) so the path is to a file in a folder in my website root. It is in images/videos/file.flv instead of media/mediabox, as shown in the tutorial. So I replaced the media/mediabox with that, but it still did not work. I will have to go in a file somewhere so it will allow the video file types but not sure where. Thanks again.
by thor555

Replied by ced1870 on topic can't add videos using mediabox

Posted 11 years 1 week ago #10142
if you put the code " images/videos/file.flv" in the link for mediabox it shold work, as explained on my website. As you are on localhost I can't tell you more ...

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.746 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1034 guests and no members online