Playing MP4 in Pro Version

Playing MP4 in Pro Version was created by Greymark7650

Posted 6 years 4 months ago #45977
Hello,

I can't seem to play, or even display, any MP4 files. I have several mp4 files in a directory and jpg thumbnail files in a directory (under /images). I can see the thumbnails and when clicked they open the image, but not the video file. If I delete a thumbnail then the video/image is missing from the gallery.

I have tried may different ways of configuring the tag and inserting code, but none seem to work. I have tested that the mp4 files do actually work.

{mediabox gallery=1|t=title::desc|dir=/images/match/41/video}text{/mediabox}

Regards,

MarkW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Greymark7650 on topic Playing MP4 in Pro Version

Posted 6 years 4 months ago #45978
An update on this: I just changed the dir= to src= and when I click the resulting link I get a directory pop up with all the files listed. Clicking on an mp4 file loads and plays it correctly. So the issue seems to be something to do with the gallery creation.

MarkW

Replied by ced1870 on topic Playing MP4 in Pro Version

Posted 6 years 4 months ago #45981
Hi
is it written somewhere that the gallery mode is able to load the videos ? may be that I'm missing a new feature from my plugin :)

You can link to a single video, no problem, but the gallery mode will only look for images. is there any feature request that you may want to do ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 6 years 4 months ago #45989
Hi,

Well at least that saves me working on the issue. You are right I just naturally assumed that it would work with both videos and images since everything else does.

Thanks,

MarkW

Replied by ced1870 on topic Playing MP4 in Pro Version

Posted 6 years 4 months ago #46001
I have released the 2.2.13 version which can now automatically link to the video if it has the same name as the image, or use the labels.txt file to give the video file name as 4th params

I will write a note on my website about how to do in the next days

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 6 years 4 months ago #46333
Hello,

Thanks for the update. I am now back working on this part of the website. I have updated to V2.2.13, but I am still only seeing the images, not the videos. Is there anything else I have to do other then using dir= to point at the directory?

BTW - I have used sigplus to display the videos and that works fine (but isn't as pretty as your version) so I know the directory structure is OK.

Regards,

MarkW

Time to create page: 0.643 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1570 guests and no members online