Want Only First Level Menu to Display on Home Page

Want Only First Level Menu to Display on Home Page was created by webdevtim

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25236
I don't just want to use style="display:none" I don't want any html or Javascript on the Home page for the secondary menu levels.

I want to use AccordionMenu modules to display the sub-menu option in the right panel on the pages for each of the main menu selections. This is much cleaner than having a big old drop-down menus getting in the way of the mouse when trying to navigate a page.

I thought there was somewhere I could restrict the number of levels that would be displayed, but if that option exists, I can't remember where it is.

To see what I am talkging about go to:
911to.org/h-res-14.html

Timothy E. Michel

Last Edit:9 years 2 months ago by webdevtim
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by webdevtim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Want Only First Level Menu to Display on Home Page

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25241
Hi
the option for start and end level is in the first tab of the module options
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by webdevtim on topic Want Only First Level Menu to Display on Home Page

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25297
Thanks Ced, I thought of that after I posted this.

What I want to do now is create a bifurcated menu. Can I install just the Accordion menu, have the primary navigation restricted to just the first level so that all that html and JavaScript doesn't need to appear on the home page and then have the relevant sub-menus appear in the right hand column on the child pages. I understand I will have to create a module to appear at the top of the right hand module position.

I am going to go ahead and try this, I was just wondering is there were any issues I should be aware of before beginning.

911to.org/h-res-14/

Timothy E. Michel

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25301
no there is no issue with this .. you can disable the javascript in maximenu is you don't use it

by ced1870

Replied by webdevtim on topic Want Only First Level Menu to Display on Home Page

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25337
I like the Accordion MenuCK in the right hand column. I like MaximenuCK in the horizontal Navigation bar with with max menu level set to 1 and JavaScript disabled.

All I need now is to have the levels for the mobile menu set to "all" so that the entire mobile menu is accessible from the top; I don't want people to have to scroll down to the sub menus on mobile. In other words I want to over ride the max levels set in the MaximenuCK module for mobile.

911to.org

Timothy E. Michel

Last Edit:9 years 2 months ago by webdevtim
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by webdevtim. Reason: Added summary statement

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25346
this is not possible, because the items are not loaded into maximenu if you are using the max level option
What you could do, is to let all the levels loaded in maximenu and hide them with css, so that they can be shown in the mobile menu

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.738 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 622 guests and no members online