I can't set a horizontal menu with 4 columns!!

I can't set a horizontal menu with 4 columns!! was created by boizan

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #590

Attachment maximenu_ckonjoomla17.jpg not found

Hello There,
I am using a Joomlashack template (Travertine) on Joomla 1.7. I downloaded the module, bought the module documentation, and the plugin with its documentation. I set the Maximenu_ck module in the "menu" position and unpublished all the other main menus. The horizontal menu comes out very erratic with only two menu items in the horizontal menu position. I can't follow the documentation because there things in the document that I don't see in the module setup page. My site is on: www.registrosocialcubano.com
I installed module and plugin in a second site and after unpublishing all the other main menu the maximenu_ck comes up nicely in the horizontal position, but only no submenu item is visible. I have experience using Joomlart JA-megamenu and it was very helpful at the beginning to watch their YouTube tutorial. The problem with Joomlart JA-megamenu is that you can only use their templates. I am interested in using maximenu_ck because of its universality.
Please, give a hand with this!
Last Edit:12 years 7 months ago by boizan
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by boizan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: I can't set an horizontal menu with 4 columns!!

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #591
as already explain you must follow the doc of the plugin. All params for columns have to be set in the menu item params as on your screenshot.

Try this :
Parent item
- separator with 'make a column' and give it the width
- child item 1 (it will be in the first column)
- child item 2
- separator with 'make a column' and give it the width
- child item 3 (it will be in the second column)
- child item 4

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by boizan on topic Re: I can't set an horizontal menu with 4 columns!!

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #607
Thank you so much for your reply!
I am using Joomla 1.7. I understand that columns are parallel, yes? Because that’s what I want to make. When I added “text separators” look at what got. Choice is “colomn1” and similarly Classifieds, Support and The News.

Attachment max_forum2.jpg not found

But Choice, Classifieds and Support have each a few submenu items. When I changed the level of the text separator of Choices (column1) and set it on top of its four submenu items, look what I get. Another thing is that I can’t avoid seeing the text separators.

Attachment max_forum2_2011-09-02-2.jpg not found

Sir, please, look at the type of columns that I want to make:

Attachment max_forum2_2011-09-02.jpg not found

Thank you so much for your kind support!
by boizan
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.637 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 496 guests and 2 members online