Site Map

Site Map was created by Stonedfury

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7454
I am using Xmap for site map generation on J2.5.8 and VM 2.0.14 and when I use the vmplugin the products are not getting listed in the site map. The title is showing as categories but is not clickable nor any of its items are listed.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Site Map

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7456
Hi
this is just because Xmap will display the menu structure as shown in the menu manager. Maximenu will load the VM items and show them in the page but this will not change the menu structure.

ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Stonedfury on topic Site Map

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7467
Well that doesn't help getting our products on the search if they are not mapped and indexed. Is there a way to fix this?

I got a funny feeling you're going to tell me to A) created a fake menu, or B) Manually type out my links on the sitemap.

I hope not either of those 2. lol

Thank you.

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7471
of course this would be a solution, but then you would not need the VM plugin ! lol

I think you should more look at xmap to see how it can render the VM categories, and try to hide the seprator "categoreis" link. Or just use another type than the separator so it will point to an url in the sitemap and the menu should work the same.

by ced1870

Replied by Stonedfury on topic Site Map

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7487
The sitemap is also loading the [col=150]. Do i have to create another menu exclusively for the main? As of right now I have the menu being loaded only to the maximenu module and not a module of it's own.

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7491
I had a xmap plugin but only for joomla1.5, no wI have developped the plugin maximenu params to avoid such problems

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.715 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 887 guests and one member online