Alias Menus Joomla 1.5 - MaxiMenu

Alias Menus Joomla 1.5 - MaxiMenu was created by joewilliams99@gmail.com

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #4288
Hi there great modules! I'm using MaxiMenu to add more navigation for users. I have older Joomla 1.5 Template with Side Menu (mod_mainmenu). Joomla 1.5.26 - MaxiMenu 4.33

I want MaxiMenu to include SOME (not all) alias Menu Items from my Side Menu (mod_mainmenu)(so that the menu tree structure opens on the side menu), which is easy. However, I want the MaxiMenu Menu Items to have pictures and the Side Menu to not have pictures.

When I enable Side Menu Images and create alias MaxiMenu Items Images do not display in MaxiMenu.

If I make Article or Section/Category type menu item with MaxiMenu and alias items in the Side Menu then child menu items will not display in the Side Menu when parent menu is clicked on.

Is the only way this will work is to create duplicate menu items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Alias Menus Joomla 1.5 - MaxiMenu

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #4294
Hi
not sure to understand... please give me your url
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by joewilliams99@gmail.com on topic Re: Alias Menus Joomla 1.5 - MaxiMenu

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #4331
Hi Ced,

Can you provide an email so that I can email this to you?

Many Thanks,

Joe Williams

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #4333
please post it here and I will delete it immediately after reading

by ced1870

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #4335
ok, I have it. Now please explain me ...
can you send me screenshots of all situations, and tell me how it should work. Because for now I just see maximenu working .
Ced

by ced1870

Replied by joewilliams99@gmail.com on topic Re: Alias Menus Joomla 1.5 - MaxiMenu

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #4337
Hi,

I can't put pictures into MaxiMenu if they are alias Menu Items (see Menu Types Screenshot) from mainmenu on the Left hand side. The only way I can is if I make the MaxiMenu Items new content menus (see Menu Types Screenshot).

However, if I make them content menus then the child menu items will not then display when the Parent Item is clicked on(see Car Camera Menu Screenshot) in the left hand main menu.

Car Cameras is set as an article layout in Menu Types in Menu Items Manager (so you can see what I mean). All the other MaxiMenu Items are set as alias Items from the Left Hand Side Menu and child menu items on these display. However, as I have said as an alias menu item I can't put any pictures up.

Many Thanks,

Joe

Time to create page: 1.010 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1030 guests and no members online