Second menu on nav bar doesn't work well

Replied by ced1870 on topic Second menu on nav bar doesn't work well

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #54979
great
please go in the module >> mobile options >> use the hamburger icon = NO
let me know if this works correctly

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Magh on topic Second menu on nav bar doesn't work well

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #54983
I don't see such an option in the module, there is a tab "Mobile Menu CK", and the option "Enable Mobile Menu CK" is disabled. There is no hamburger mention here or in the other tabs.

Since there was nothing I could do, I thought about adding the language selection bar in that top maximenu, and merging it with the main maximenu in mobile view. This worked (though it took some time to style falang's language switcher into horizontal view again cause it had gone vertical) but the search icon no longer works within the mobile - only its icon appears but on click nothing happens and it won't open its submenu module.
The language switcher module works ok - it's a parent item though.

PS: I need to either get the top maximenu visible in the top bar and not going into responsive mode
or
merge it into the main maximenu mobile-menu but with the search box visible and working in there.
Last Edit:4 years 2 months ago by Magh
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Magh.

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #54984
your solution looks complicated
why not simply load the search module in a submenu of the main menu and hide it on desktop ? this way you don't need to combine anything
do I have understood your request ?

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magh

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #54989
Didn't think of it earlier. Well, your idea worked fine.

I went back to my previous arrangement, with the language module on its own (no maximenu inclusion) and the second top maximenu only for the search icon and box - as before.
Then I set that top maximenu module to show only in desktop (yes, it still went into responsive mode no matter what), adding the .hidden-phone and .hidden-tablet in module's class suffixes.
Lastly, I added a search mod as parent item in my main menu, and set its search module (a different than the one used at the top) to .hidden-desktop, so it only shows in the mobile menu.

Well, now everything shows up orderly. One last question: how can I remove the [ ] effect from the main menu items when hovering?
by Magh

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #54992

Well, now everything shows up orderly.

great :)

for the effect, this is designed in the Custom CSS of the Styles Customization, directly in the styling interface

by ced1870

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #54998
Ok.
Also, I just noticed that you can enable/disable a menu item for desktop/mobile from the Maximenu parameters, the easy way... LOL

Thanks a lot, everything is fine now. This is quite a good menu component and surely I haven't regretted buying it. B)
Last Edit:4 years 2 months ago by Magh
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Magh.

Time to create page: 0.665 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1192 guests and no members online