Possible compatibility issue with Google map API

Possible compatibility issue with Google map API was created by andkit01

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48816
Hi,
I've been investigating a compatibility issue with Google map API, specifically StreetView. When I use Protostar, it works fine. However, when I switch to Welldone template by etheme, which uses MaximenuCK, the StreetView mouse cursor and panning is not working.

There is a possibility that this is caused by mootools or other MaximenuCK related items.

Questions:
- Are you aware of any compatibility issue between MaximenuCK and Google map API StreetView?
- Is it possible to disable MaximenuCK and/or mootools to test?

Steps to reproduce error:
1) Go to andkit01.com/en/
2) Scroll down, open StreetView anywhere on the map
3) You will find that the mouse cursor is not correct, and mouse panning does not work
4) If you are on Chrome browser, right-click at the center of the StreetView image, and select Inspect. Then select Event Listeners. Then under mousedown and mousemove, if you remove the lines imagery_viewer.js:843, then the mouse panning will start working. However the mouse cursor is still incorrect (it suppose to have rectangular planes drawn in 3D). If you open the mouseover section, you see many mootools entries, which are not present when I use Protostar. In Protostar template, both the mouse panning and cursor are working fine.

Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Possible compatibility issue with Google map API

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48820
Hi
first Maximenu CK does not use Mootools ... ;) (it was the case with joomla! 1.5)
the mootools is called because of the Modal script, this is not called by my side

this is probably from the mod_vendorsmap

I have also tested by my side, it works correctly on Chrome as on Firefox. You can also try to clear your browser cache
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by andkit01 on topic Possible compatibility issue with Google map API

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48826
Hi,
Thank you for looking into this.

The thing is I only get the problem when using the welldone etheme template. It works fine if I use Protostar and the exact same mod_vendorsmap. Seems like it may be called by the welldone etheme template.

Btw, are you sure it works correctly when you test it? I've tested it with multiple browsers, multiple times, including with clearing caches. The StreetView opens fine, but the problem is the mouse pan to rotate the camera 360 degrees is not working. So once you open the StreetView, the only way to change the camera rotation is by using left/right keyboard, but the mouse drag/pan is not working. Are you saying the mouse drag-pan-rotation is working when you tested it?

Replied by ced1870 on topic Possible compatibility issue with Google map API

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48836
yes I can rotate the view ... strange

anyway

The thing is I only get the problem when using the welldone etheme template. It works fine if I use Protostar and the exact same mod_vendorsmap

there is nothing here that is related to Maximenu CK, I don't think that I can help you in this case
your problem comes probably from another extension

if you test with protostar and maximenu (in position-1 for example) and if it works, then maximenu is not in cause

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48852
Interesting, yeah that's strange... I wonder why the rotation works on yours...

Got it, okay I'll keep investigating... Doesn't look like the issue is related to maximenuck... thanks anyway, appreciate it

Posted 5 years 8 months ago #49043
Hi,

The issue has now been identified to be mootools that is loaded from a Search module, which is conflicting with the map module. The solution now is to separate the two modules by different menu items:
1) Search page (menu item): Loads the Search module (and mootools).
2) Map page (a separate menu item): Loads the map module.

There is one issue, however, in addition to the above, there is also a Search module that is loaded on maximenu, so that there is a "Search" input box on the maximenu. The problem is even though this module is assigned only to the 2nd menu item (Map page), it seems to still be loaded on the maximenu regardless of what menu item is selected.

So the question is, how can I configure the maximenu so that the Search module is not loaded when the Map page (menu item) is selected? Please help, thanks a lot in advance

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 313 guests and one member online