Caption under image

Replied by mberman14 on topic Caption under image

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #32150
This method seems to no longer work in the current version of Slideshow CK. As far as I can tell using Firebug, the Custom.css file is no longer being loaded, even with the added line in slideshowck.php, which I added back in after the last upgrade. Can you think of anything that might have changed to prevent his file from loading, or anything else that might cause this to no longer work? Or, of course, any other way I can get the captions below the slideshow?

Thanks,
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Caption under image

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #32153
Hi
I have not made any changes that will prevent your custom.css to be loaded

What you can do is simply use a custom.css in your template to avoid to do your code modification again after each update
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #32154
PS : or simply duplicate the theme folder, rename it, select it in the module options, and write all the css you want in it ;)

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: mberman14

Replied by mberman14 on topic Caption under image

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #32161
That did it again -- thanks, as always!

Matt

Replied by ncora on topic Caption under image

Posted 7 years 2 months ago #40173
For developers who like pictures

Now I had the same problem. A client strictly wants the caption directly under the image, between the image and the thumbs. I think it cannot be solved just with CSS. I am using JavaScript and jQuery. This prevents struggling with the PHP code:

1. Insert all divs .camera_caption after .camera_fakehover
2. Place the thumbs wrapper some pixels down
3. Display the current .camera_caption only
4. The function setCaption is called every half second
5. Put the JavaScipt code somewhere in the article. For example using a user defined module

You can see it live here
www.holitzka.com
Code:
jQuery(document).ready(function(){ var numItems = jQuery('.camera_caption').length+1; var read = true; var mark = false; var disp = false; // position and background jQuery(".camera_caption > div").css("padding","10px 0 0 0"); jQuery(".camera_caption > div").css("background","none !important"); function setCaption() { // move all camera_captions for (var i=2;i<=numItems;i++) { if (read) { jQuery(".camera_caption:nth-child("+i+")").insertAfter(jQuery(".camera_fakehover")); } // move thumbs wrapper jQuery(".camera_command_wrap").css("top","60px"); pos=jQuery(".camera_command_wrap").position().top-60; jQuery(".camera_caption:nth-child("+i+")").css("top",pos+"px"); read=false; } for (var i=2;i<=numItems;i++) { var j = i-1; // set current caption visible curr = jQuery(".cameraContent:nth-child("+j+")").hasClass("cameracurrent"); if (curr) { curr = false; disp = i; } if (i!=disp) { jQuery(".camera_caption:nth-child("+i+")").css("display","none"); }else{ jQuery(".camera_caption:nth-child("+i+")").css("display","block"); } } } myIntervId = setInterval(setCaption, 500); });
by ncora

Posted 7 years 2 months ago #40182
Hi
thank you for your collaboration
Could you please give me the url of the page where I can see it in action, because on your home page there is no slideshow
CEd

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.691 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 817 guests and one member online