slideshow doesn't appear

Replied by ced1870 on topic slideshow doesn't appear

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #30084
Hi
please give me your url to check this where the slideshow is published
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ranger_lp on topic slideshow doesn't appear

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #30096

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #30097
this is a typical jquery conflict, because (may be your template) loads an external library instead of using the Joomla! 3 API

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.0.3/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.10.3/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

If I knew when joomla!3 has been released that this problem will be, I would have started a list with all extensions and templates that write "joomla! 3 compatible" but that are really not coded for joomla! 3 ...

by ced1870

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #30098
Ok then, is there a way to resolve this? And I agree with you with how Joomla is not handling these jquery issues......

BTW the template is Gantry (latest 4.x version.....i still got this issue before i updated the template....)
Last Edit:8 years 5 months ago by ranger_lp
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by ranger_lp.

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #30100

ced1870 wrote: this is a typical jquery conflict, because (may be your template) loads an external library instead of using the Joomla! 3 API

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.0.3/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.10.3/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

If I knew when joomla!3 has been released that this problem will be, I would have started a list with all extensions and templates that write "joomla! 3 compatible" but that are really not coded for joomla! 3 ...

Would using something like the rereplacer plugin or jquery easy possibly resolve this?

tnx

Posted 8 years 5 months ago #30101

how Joomla is not handling these jquery issues......

this is not an issue from joomla!, but from the developers ;)

I can not tell you that this is from your template. I don't think that Grantry will do such things (I hope not !), but this can also be a system plugin. Do you have something installed in relation with "geo"

<script src="/<meta name="DC.title" content="APEX Thermal Services - Solar Hot Water, Solar Pool Heating, Radiant Heating, Serving the Hudson Valley and Capital District - Home" />
<meta name="geo.region" content="US-NY" />
<meta name="geo.placename" content="Highland" />
<meta name="geo.position" content="41.6296;-74.043738" />
<meta name="ICBM" content="41.6296, -74.043738" />
" type="text/javascript"></script>

may be this is in cause, try to disable it

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.695 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1300 guests and no members online