• ced1870
  • Away
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Thank you received: 2680
Hi
please give me your url to check this where the slideshow is published
CEd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

slideshow doesn't appear 04 Oct 2015 12:18 #30096

slideshow doesn't appear 04 Oct 2015 12:28 #30097

• ced1870
  • Away
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
this is a typical jquery conflict, because (may be your template) loads an external library instead of using the Joomla! 3 API

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.0.3/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.10.3/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

If I knew when joomla!3 has been released that this problem will be, I would have started a list with all extensions and templates that write "joomla! 3 compatible" but that are really not coded for joomla! 3 ...

slideshow doesn't appear 04 Oct 2015 12:40 #30098

Ok then, is there a way to resolve this? And I agree with you with how Joomla is not handling these jquery issues......

BTW the template is Gantry (latest 4.x version.....i still got this issue before i updated the template....)

Last Edit: by ranger_lp.

slideshow doesn't appear 04 Oct 2015 13:00 #30100

ced1870 wrote: this is a typical jquery conflict, because (may be your template) loads an external library instead of using the Joomla! 3 API

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.0.3/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.10.3/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

If I knew when joomla!3 has been released that this problem will be, I would have started a list with all extensions and templates that write "joomla! 3 compatible" but that are really not coded for joomla! 3 ...

Would using something like the rereplacer plugin or jquery easy possibly resolve this?

tnx

slideshow doesn't appear 04 Oct 2015 13:54 #30101

• ced1870
  • Away
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur

how Joomla is not handling these jquery issues......

this is not an issue from joomla!, but from the developers ;)

I can not tell you that this is from your template. I don't think that Grantry will do such things (I hope not !), but this can also be a system plugin. Do you have something installed in relation with "geo"

<script src="/<meta name="DC.title" content="APEX Thermal Services - Solar Hot Water, Solar Pool Heating, Radiant Heating, Serving the Hudson Valley and Capital District - Home" />
<meta name="geo.region" content="US-NY" />
<meta name="geo.placename" content="Highland" />
<meta name="geo.position" content="41.6296;-74.043738" />
<meta name="ICBM" content="41.6296, -74.043738" />
" type="text/javascript"></script>

may be this is in cause, try to disable it

slideshow doesn't appear 18 Nov 2015 17:06 #31105

Hi,
Slideshow CK is working fine in LTR template version, but in the RTL version no pictures can be seen (sometimes for a second only), except a sample image from module.
Thumbnails are there and link of pics is correct
In general: translation in a multilingual environment wasn't possible (LanternFish)
Support of LanternFish wrote as follows: "​this is a problem with this module that causes javacript eror on the translation page"
RTL was not possible using a css hack: don't know the classes to change.

Last Edit: by balou. Reason: replace file

slideshow doesn't appear 18 Nov 2015 19:35 #31111

• ced1870
  • Away
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
Hi
Please give me your url to check the RTL issue

In general: translation in a multilingual environment wasn't possible (LanternFish)

you can use the native joomla multilanguage method, which works very well by duplicating the module and setting the language in it
CEd

slideshow doesn't appear 19 Nov 2015 17:03 #31132

Thanks for replay:

our site is in service mode [syrian-heritage.org] please contact me by mail for access pw! user will be ck

Link of slideshow CK is: syrian-heritage.org/en/about-heritage-in-syria-and-in-general please switch then to arabic!

Concerning multilingual site: it's not feasible at all in our case (different editors, 3 languages) to maintain Joomla native system! You'll die while trying to keep control on categories, articles, menus etc... LanternFish is managing translations in easy way!

BR
Issam

Last Edit: by balou. Reason: add a screenshot

slideshow doesn't appear 19 Nov 2015 17:15 #31133

• ced1870
  • Away
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
I have made my whole joomlack website with the native joomla translation system, it works great and is not more work. But, the only thing, is that I have no problem at all ;)
Sorry to say that I will not make any of my module compatible with any of these "fish" tools. I was using Joomfish before and then they stopped to maintain it, and then I decided to never use a such tool when it comes a fully functional solution in Joomla! :)

then when I come to your website page, it asks me to login, could you make it public for a short time ?

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More