Background Video

Background Video was created by RevoLion

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66134
On my other website, I used the Unite Revolution Slider 2.0 and it was awesome, but they are discontinuing it and not going to upgrade it to work on Joomla 4 which sucks because it was awesome. Then I found your SlideshowCK Pro and it looks awesome I hope I can get as close as I am wanting.

*How do I put in a local video as a background without having to add an image in the slider?
Just like www.revolutionwebstudios.com as an example.

*Just one video to loop with marketing taglines and a button <--which I think I figured out how to do the text and button part with SlideshowCK Pro, just need to get the video to work.

*What are the local video types that work with SlideshowCK Pro, ie, MP4, MOV, etc...?

Kindest Regards,
JT

Kindest Regards,
JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Background Video

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66136
Hi

I used the Unite Revolution Slider 2.0 and it was awesome, but they are discontinuing it and not going to upgrade it to work on Joomla 4

really ?have you contacted them to ask for it ?

for the video you can have a transparent image as slide, or a screenshot of the video.

What are the local video types that work with SlideshowCK Pro, ie, MP4, MOV, etc...

there is no limit, the problem is the compatibility with the browsers because the video file is loaded using HTML5 in a <video> tag. The preferred format is MP4

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66137
for info I have sent a message to the Unite developpers to have some infos about this ...

by ced1870

Replied by RevoLion on topic Background Video

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66142
CEd...... You're the man bro! I have read recent posts that they are not going to continue it which is crazy because I have seen on template threads that still sell the themes with it that they can not support any updates. Freaking weird. I hate it when a company developed really good stuff and then just leaves it like an unfinished gold mine. Joomlage did the same thing when Joomla 4 came out. Hopefully, Joomla51 holds strong and starts cranking out some new designs soon. I'm assuming when Joomla 4 hit they had to go back and upgrade their templates. I've seen several over the last 16 years come and go. ARK Extensions was another one that I thought was going to bite the dust, but WebX came through and the editor is freaking amazing on Joomla 4. They just need to get their butt in gear on the rest of their stuff. Joomlashack is another one that is proving to step by step be strong in the Joomla 4 game (love those guys). Thanks for all you do and for keeping up with your developments it actually means a lot to the Joomla community and those of us that refuse to bow down to WP. My dog can build a WP site.

The one I am building right now is 69.167.136.231/~cyberprosseo/ but I need the video to be at 800px height and 100% wide without the black border that shows when I change the percentage in the math.

Kindest Regards,
JT

Last Edit:1 year 5 months ago by RevoLion
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by RevoLion. Reason: For got to add a PS

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66145
currently I see your video that looks good without black border
you can use a height of 56% which is the value for a 16/9 ratio according to your video format

for info, Unite has answered me that they finally want to continue on joomla .... I will let you know if I got some other news

by ced1870

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66162
Unite confirmed that they will work on the Joomla 4 migration, but for now there is no date of an available version of their products

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.700 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 857 guests and no members online