Slideshow ck not showing on front page

• Aks
  • Aks's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Slideshow ck not showing on front page was created by Aks

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #49837
Hi Cedric,

For some reason, Slideshow ck has stopped displaying displaying on the front page of the website at www.europe.upf.org . I see the source code on the page, so I assume this is not a problem with your module, but probably some kind of JQuery or Javascript problem, but I can't seem to figure out what exactly is causing it. If you have any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't see anything in the template about loading a Javascript library, so it must be coming from some other extension, I suppose.

Alan
by Aks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Slideshow ck not showing on front page

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #49838
Hi
it seems that you have multiple slideshows in the page, but at least one of them has the JS/CSS code loaded, but not the content
Please unpublish all your slideshows, then publish them one by one and see which ones are working, and which ones not.
Then tell me the result
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

• Aks
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by Aks on topic Slideshow ck not showing on front page

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #49840
Thank you so much, Cedric. I disabled these modules and the slideshow (that was supposed to be there) now displays on the front page. The others were not supposed to be there. It must have been some change in the Advanced Module Manager I'm using that caused them to display on the front page.
by Aks

Replied by ced1870 on topic Slideshow ck not showing on front page

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #49841
ok great to know
I know that yesterday there was some issues in Adv manager, to check with Peter because he has released some new versions today

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

• Aks
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #49842
Yes, I thought it must be this, but when I installed his latest version, or even an older version, it fixed the errors I was getting, but my slideshow didn't come back! Spent hours trying to figure out why. Many thanks for your help.
by Aks

• Aks
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #49895
Actually, I still have the problem. I thought it was because of the problems with the Advanced Module Manager, but this turns out not to be the case. They think that perhaps the multiple occurrences were already occurring before but that this was not creating a problem. Indeed they were surprised that it was seemingly not possible to have multiple occurrences of the slideshow on the same page.

The fact is that I have slideshows being called in the articles which appear on the front page. These individual slideshows are set in the advanced module manager to not appear on the front page itself. However, because Modules Anywhere is set to "Ignore Module Assignments" = yes, they are nevertheless coming up to some extent on the front page. If I set "Ignore Module Assignments"to no, then the slideshows don't appear in the articles.

The strange thing is that I didn't have this problem until very recently. I hadn't really thought about the logic of it all, because it was working.

Do you have any ideas? My basic need is to have one Slideshow CK module displaying normally on the front page and many articles, each containing one [Modules anywhere] call to a Slideshow CK module, without these modules displaying anywhere else, especially on the front page, if possible without having to edit all of my numerous modules!

Alan
by Aks

Time to create page: 0.699 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1126 guests and one member online