slideshow gets stuck-Android Chrome 63.0.3239.111

slideshow gets stuck-Android Chrome 63.0.3239.111 was created by alansegar

Posted 6 years 2 months ago #46705
On the latest version of Chrome for Android on a mobile phone (63.0.3239.111), the slideshow stalls / gets stuck unless a finger is held on the touchscreen continuously.
This can be seen on the demo slideshow at www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions/slideshow-ck
It used to work OK on the same mobile on an older version of Chrome and still works OK in Firefox on the same mobile phone.

The Loader pie icon moves very slowly / not at all. If a finger is held on the screen continuously, then the slideshow starts working again (the pie loader moves at normal speed and the slides change as normal). Once the finger is removed from the screen, it stops working again.
Sometimes (but not always) tapping briefly on the slideshow makes it start working again without having to keep a finger on the screen (similar to how the pause button works, but it's not paused) but it stops working again as soon as the page is scrolled.
Last Edit:6 years 2 months ago by alansegar
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by alansegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic slideshow gets stuck-Android Chrome 63.0.3239.111

Posted 6 years 2 months ago #46766
Hi
thanks for reporting the problem
For now I'm busy on another project, please remind me in 1-2 weeks to check that
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by alansegar on topic slideshow gets stuck-Android Chrome 63.0.3239.111

Posted 6 years 1 month ago #46988
Hi,
I've just retested this on the same device with the latest version of Chrome for Android which is now v64.0.3282.137 and it happens on that version as well.

Posted 6 years 1 month ago #47000
I have just tested with "version of Chrome for Android on a mobile phone (63.0.3239.111)", on my demo page. I have no problem ...
the slideshow loads correctly, I can navigate through the slides
Please clear your device/browser cache. you can also test with another device

by ced1870

Replied by alansegar on topic slideshow gets stuck-Android Chrome 63.0.3239.111

Posted 6 years 1 month ago #47029
Thanks for testing the demo page. I forgot to try the demo page (I'd been testing on another site). Your demo page now works OK on the device where I was previously able to see this problem.
I'm still getting the problem on another Joomla site though and can't work out why.
I've cleared the Chrome browser cache on the device and the Joomla & Gantry caches on the server. I've also checked that it's using the latest 1.4.50_j3 version of Slideshow CK.
It used to work OK on this site as well in the past on an older version of Chrome. I've not installed any new Joomla components since it last worked but some have updated since then.

The only other device I've got access to currently had a much older version of Chrome on it 54.0.2840.85 and it works OK on that. I've just updated it to the latest 64.0.3282.137 and I now get the problem on that device as well (only on my site, your demo site works OK).

Are you able to share any details on what the fix was that could help me narrow down the cause? Could there be a conflicting version of some javascript library being loaded by another component?

Posted 6 years 1 month ago #47033
I have not applied any fix, I have just tested with my phone ... and it was working.
give me the url of your page so that I can check also

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.748 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 978 guests and no members online